Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lukey Baby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi guys, ok i just bought the white kit from ifixdirect and it should be here in the next few days. I had a kit from a different company but the LCD didnt work so i didnt go with them again. Anyway i have been hearing things about the new iphone 4's with the new star screws have a much more sensitive proximity sensor and that it does not work with white parts. Has anyone had a conversion with ifixdirect and has the star shaped screws?

martynov

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
Hey I noticed youve been really concerned about this issue. Have you tried calling ifixdirect? I know you ordered from them and been following my thread but it's always good to call. Their number is 18004418817.

Lukey Baby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
I contacted them and they said it should work fine, but other companies are saying that it wont, i just want some hard evidence that it does, i.e. someone who has had it done

Mabyboi

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I did my conversion with the standard screws, but just be careful when doing the conversion to remove the inside plastic film, and make sure that the earphone mesh isnt covering the proximity sensor in any way. You should be fine. :D

Lukey Baby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Yeah i did the conversion for my girlfriend who has the standard screws and everything works fine, just these new ones im worried about

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.