White iPhone 4 Selling Strategy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew K., Apr 27, 2011.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

We all know, well most of us in the tech world, that the iPhone 5 is highly likely to be announced in the next few months. So how will Apple keep selling White iPhone 4s?

Let's throw around some theories:

1. They will just have limited stock for the months leading up to iPhone 5 and have iPhone 5 Black & White take it from there.

2. They will keep the iPhone 4 selling along with the iPhone 5 BUT the iPhone 4 will be sold in Black & White and the 5 will be sold in ONLY Black in order to sell the White 4 Back stock. May piss off people but sounds like something Apple would do :D

3. They sell Black & White iPhone 5s along with Black & White 4s but the 4s would be at a lower price. This seems the most likely but hey Apple is unpredictable sometimes.

Throw me your ideas/thoughts

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I honestly don't think there will be any deviation from their normal way. So option 3.

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

This thread makes no sense

#1 will never happen. They'll sell of the remaining 3GSs, stop making them, and the ip4 will slip in its spot (just like last year when they stopped making the 3G)

#2 won't happen because Apple has gone out of its way to explain that they've figured out an effective process (saying the iPad 2 would ship in white from day 1)

#3 is what will happen

4. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

5. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

When the iPhone 5 comes (black and white, 32GB & 64GB from day one) they will continue to sell the iPhone 4 (in black only) 16GB.

6. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

seems kind of messy.

i think they will discontinue the white iphone 4 the second the iphone 5 comes out. black iphone 4 will be their low end offering and anyone who wants white will then have to buy iphone 5.

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I expect #3 as well. The million dollar question is when they will sell the 5 and what will it be. :apple:

8. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

That's why I said "throw some ideas around". They sold iPad 2 in White from day 1 because it was just the front bezel that was white, the issue was with the back panel mostly.

Yes 3 is most likely.

9. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

All it needs is an Apple logo, nothing else matters.

10. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007