White iPhone 4 sensor problem "Stays on during in-call"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Alag28, May 2, 2011.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

Aug 23, 2006
    this is my 2nd white iphone due to a completely shot microphone. i can only talk using the speaker and when i want to use it without the speaker i couldn't because the microphone did not work static would only sound.

then i noticed that when i was in call the damn phone would stay on. great now a proximity sensor issue. i used my fingers to cover the sensor and still nothing the phone would just stay on. O WAIT! i just bought and applied the zagg front and back shield protectors right before even using the phone. i peeled off where the sensor was covered and viola! it worked again.

so for those who have this exact same problem and you have some sort of shield/protector on there. 90% probability its because of that. i hope i will save people trips to the store where they purchased their white iphone complaining of a suspicious sensor faulty iPhone.

ive only tried this on the white iphone -----DISCLAIMER
  2. arliu macrumors regular

May 1, 2011
    Thank you so much, I actually created another thread earlier asking about this. I have a wrapsol cover on my phone but i didnt want to peel it off cuz it took me forever to put it on. This thing is the black iphone 4 has no problem with this. with a cover on, the sense still works. Thanks for the info!
  3. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 23, 2006
    white is powerful color lol...glad i helped!
  4. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

Aug 15, 2009
    Thanks for the info. I was going to return this damn thing because of the proximity sensor not working. The weird thing is that a had a zagg shield on my black iPhone 4 and had no problems.