White iPhone 4 Side Matte Finish Scratched?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shivek, May 27, 2011.

1. Shivek macrumors member

So I just noticed a very, very small spot on the side matte/plastic finish of the white iPhone 4 and I tried my best cleaning it but it isn't going. It looks blackish like dirt, is it possible it scratched? I don't get how it could happen, I haven't taken it anywhere and just bought it 2 days ago. The spot is black/gray and is very very small there isn't a chance I could have scratched it as perfectly as that! Anyone else with similar problem??

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's white and matte. It's pretty much asking to be scratched/scuffed up. I doubt there's anything you can do about it. Wouldn't get too caught up in it though. There are bigger things like war, famine, murder, etc.

3. Shivek thread starter macrumors member

4. Shivek thread starter macrumors member

After my umpteenth time wiping it, I had to use a monitor cleaner and it finally went! Not a scratch, was incredibly stubborn dust spot! Phew!

5. Supadoodles macrumors newbie

Supadoodles

Lol, no. Not a tiny thing like that. You're going to get scratches no matter how hard you try.

6. lucyna macrumors member

Yes, it is really easy to get scratch, that is why so people decide to buy a case to protect it.

7. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

That's what I don't get, it's not as it scratches are going to break the phone yet with a case you can't even see the sides anyway so even if they are already heavily scratched... :confused:

8. baconroll macrumors member

went to the apple store to buy a white iphone 4 today - changed my mind after seeing it. horrible off white colour just like the ipad looks grubby but it wasn't. not a patch on the black one. thinks i'll wait until next week to see what happens at the conference.