white iPhone 4 unboxing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JD914, Oct 2, 2010.

1. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

I shake my head at stuff like this. Resale value = zero once the real white iP4 hits. :mad: I hope that those doing this plan on keeping their semi-fake iPhones for life because I sure will not buy one with aftermarket front and back covers. Maybe I'm just too sensitive because I happen to be a wristwatch fanatic and doing something like this to our precious watches is verboten.

2. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Any news on the read deal? What happened to the Oct 1 predictions?

3. Adisah macrumors regular

That's how it it is with shoes. Fakes are whack. Not a good look. lol

4. jcole31 macrumors regular

No news on the white version, unfortunately. The wait continues:(

5. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

6. mabazzaba macrumors newbie

I'd be surprised if the real white iPhone 4 had two different shades of white for the button and rest of the phone... or is it just the lighting?

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

If you kept all your black parts in flawless condition (like I did), you can get up to 180 back for them, so you get a white iPhone 4 for around 70 bucks. That's a pretty good deal IMO.

8. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

It's not a great deal when the parts (except the actual display and digitizer) are fakes. You might be better off keeping the black, so that you can switch it back when you resell the phone.

9. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

Lots of watch enthusiasts redial or otherwise modify their watches. See the numerous Seiko Monster mods around, PVD'ed Sea-Dwellers, etc.

10. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

A Seiko monster is a relatively cheap watch and ripe for modification, as for Sea Dwellers you are wrong, not many people PVD a £4K watch that know about watches, 9 times out of 10 they are fake Sea Dwellers that are PVD.

11. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

I grant you it looks like they did a good job, but still, meh...

By the way it appears Mr. T Buffalo is not someone you want to be around while he's holding a giant butcher knife & trying to cut a bit of tape... :rolleyes:

12. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Not only are many watch enthusiasts dead set against modifying watches, most vintage collectors aren't even fond of genuine factory replacements. I have encountered maybe 2 PVD Sea-Dwellers on the net.

13. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

looks tight !

reading some of the replies you would think that the guy who made these videos killed their fathers and married their mothers !

relax dudes - this stuff is fun and cool

not life or death !!

14. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

I never said all watch-enthusiasts do it, just like not all automotive enthusiasts modify their cars. But you insinuated that all watch fanatics find the idea of modification of time pieces a mortal sin.

Then 'daveathall' shifts the goalposts and says that Seiko's are relatively cheap and so okay to mod. Might I remind all that a four thousand pound Rolex is a drop in the bucket in financial damage and exclusivity when you compare with some IWCs, Patek Philippe, JLC et al, never mind one-offs like the Richard Mille RM 027?

And daveathall, yes perhaps 9 times out of 10 PVD'd Sea-Dwellers are fake, but might I remind you that the Submariner is one of the most popular watches in the replica and outright fake market? Does buying a real Submariner make you less of a watch enthusiast then? Your argument is illogical.

15. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

You want to go back to your first argument as you are making no sense whatsover, how did I move the goalpost, I made a logical observation.

As for your observation on a Rolex sub I suggest you read it before pressing the button, really........try again, you might make sense with another go. You are the one that mentioned watch enthusiast, not me, go back and read the post before making illogical statements that are trying to hide your ineptness.

16. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

I got to laugh, i have some friend gone this route, and after about a month, the back starts to yellow and turn milky.

it gets very very ugly. Its not 100% pure white. It just looks fugly after a while. But hey if you think its worth it, go right ahead

17. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

A fake is a fake no matter what it looks like.

18. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

You guys comparing modding an iphone vs. a high end watch are absurd. Same goes with cars. If the owner of anything wants to mod it it is his business. An iphone is a disposable item IMO, if it has more value to you then that perhaps you should be using a free phone from ATT. Modifying a classic/rare car or watch is IMO stupid but to compare doing so to the likes of an iphone is even dumber. Just my .02

19. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I dunno why people are hating on this. Looks great to me.

Especially if you get it for $70 after the refund.

But I have a hairline scratch on the back and some tiny impossible-to-see but only visible in super bright light scratches on the screen. Otherwise, I'd really consider it.

Plus black is fine for me. I'll get a white iPhone 5.

Still, if I were antsy for a white iPhone 4 (especially with old baseband for unlocking as mine is for Europe), I'd definitely consider it.

JB/unlocked and white customized iPhone 4 will have fantastic resell value. I don't care what people say.

20. nexsta macrumors 6502

fail at the home button different white color.

21. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

'applebook's position was watch 'fanatics' don't modify their watches. In absence of any clauses or exceptions one would take this to mean all watches and all 'fanatics'. That was the theme when I made an argument to the contrary. By making a case against my stance and suggesting that Seiko's be excluded since it's cheap, you were shifting the goalposts since the original argument of 'all watches' now excludes Seikos, and presumably others in their price range.

No, applebook did, and I was countering that before you decided to pipe in. If you weren't even discussing the topic at hand then why the hell did you quote and reply me?

How ironic, consider you're the one making ad-hominem arguments.

22. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Dave is right. Your responses are pretty nonsensical, especially that last remark about fakes.

I never said that all watch fanatics don't modify their watches. I simply stated that I was a particular kind of watch fanatic (IWC, OMEGA, Rolex, and BlancpaiN mostly) who abhors the idea of putting anything not genuine into our watches. If you think that I'm not in the majority, then go to Timezone.com and ask IWC, Patek, etc. folks what they think about illegitimate crap in their timepieces.

Timezone doesn't even allow a modified watch to be sold in the classifieds, unless all the parts are genuine.

23. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Thumbs up.

24. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

I chose to reply or "Pipe in" as you put it because you didn't know what you were talking about when it comes to watches.

You are making lots of noise but no sound by trying to throw a smokescreen around your nonsensical arguments, go google another couple of phrases and big words for your reply, have your last word, Im not wasting any more time trying to decipher any more of your nonsense, I'm done with you.