White iPhone 4 Wifi Disconnect

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DeChrii, May 3, 2011.

1. DeChrii macrumors member

So I recently bought the white iphone 4 (duh just came out) and everything is perfect except for the wifi. I always have 3g and wifi turned on so whenever i'm in a wifi zone it'll connect. The problem is when the phone does connect to wifi, it'll be very unstable and disconnect every 20-30 seconds and reconnect right away. I've been in different wifi locations and so I don't believe its my router (laptop etc. isn't disconnecting)
    Anyone with this issue? Should I bring this back to apple or what? Not sure what to do. I'm running the latest 4.2.7 version as well for vzn. Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might be your router.
    If it does the same on every wifi then I'd bring it in to have it replaced.

3. Dubthedankest, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

Dubthedankest macrumors regular

I have an issue wherein sometimes when I pick my phone up after it has been laying around sleeping, the phone won't jump from 3G to WiFi like it usually does but it will stay on 3G. When I go into settings WiFi is definitely "on" but the phone isn't picking up any WiFi networks. It tries and tries and the spinning circle keeps going but it never finds anything. Even flicking WiFi on and off doesn't help. I have to turn the phone itself off and back on for it to finally pick up WiFi again. This has happened twice since I got the phone on launch day. Very annoying. My black one never did that.