White iPhone 4s Available On eBay? Legit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TarHeelBorn88, Jul 28, 2010.

1. TarHeelBorn88 macrumors regular

There are a few different auctions on eBay for the "white iPhone 4" and the sellers claim that they have them "IN HANDS". Can these be legit? I did not think there was any way to get your hands on final retail versions in the boxes. I only thought you could buy the parts and replace a black, but then the box would not be the proper one (white iPhone 4 on box instead of black iPhone 4).

Though we did see one unit from Japan, so I'm curious as to if people could actually get their hands on them. However, those units probably have the issues with the paint contrast and leaking light.

2. iSavant macrumors regular

3. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

To play devil's advocate.....

Could be one from a reviewer {guy from NYT had one i believe?} OR one of the ones from the demo at the WWDC.....

but this is eBay we're taking about, it's probably crap

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

the guy could have bought a kit and did the transformation himself.

5. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

6. IphoneRevivers macrumors member

legit iPhone just replaced front assembly , home button and back assembly .

7. WhyYouSoBlurry macrumors newbie

I've held a white iPhone 4 myself belonging to an Apple corporate employee (nicer than I would have throught btw). We all know they're certainly out there but I would be wary of buying one from ebay.

8. TarHeelBorn88 thread starter macrumors regular

in my eyes that is not a legit white iPhone. It does not come in the Apple retail box with the WHITE iPhone on the box instead of Black. I wouldn't trust a phone that was not put together by Apple, even if they used so- called "OEM" parts. I've been to China and the knockoffs are so exact that you probably can't tell unless you open the phone up and look at the hardware.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603