White iPhone 4S came with nick/chip on top right corner

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gotsomepinna, Oct 14, 2011.

1. gotsomepinna macrumors newbie

Anyone has same issue here? When I opened my iPhone 4S box, I noticed that the iPhone had a nick or chip on the top right corner.

I did also notice that the packaging (cardboard) fit a little tight on the iPhone's box.

I pre-ordered via apple.com last friday.

What would be the best way to contact apple? I don't want to drive 15 miles to the Apple store (or spend an eternity waiting in line) or call and wait on hold for an hour.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

If you don't want to wait on hold or in line, you could document with photos that the problem existed immediately - take pics and upload them somewhere (Flikr, Facebook, even here on MR) so that they're date-stamped as having been taken today. Then go ahead and enjoy your phone for a week until things settle down, and take care of it then.

3. gotsomepinna thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds like a good option. I can imagine how crowded the Apple stores are going to be for the next few days.

I was also wondering if it was a common issue or if it was just mine.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Saw another thread with a member posting the same issue with their white iPhone today.

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

6. gotsomepinna thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll look for it, thanks!

----------

Im at work. Will take pics when I get home.

----------

I couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

8. citizenal macrumors regular

Mine also has a little nick/chip on the top right corner, nothing major, maybe pinhead size.. but it's there. :eek:

9. pashtun macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I started a thread on this I put photos up

10. gotsomepinna thread starter macrumors newbie

Found it, thanks!

I scheduled an Express Lane Call. I will save time being on hold etc. Instead they'll call me Tuesday in the morning. This way the issue is documented in the form of an open case with them and I will also take pics when I get home.