Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Every white phone I have ever seen that was used for any length of time discolored in some way. No way I would have a white phone.:)

Well Apple store has the white iphone on display and those get played a lot with people 24/7 (Well during their business hours) and they don't show any discoloration and has always been white. Plus the white stuff is underneath the glass.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Well Apple store has the white iphone on display and those get played a lot with people 24/7 (Well during their business hours) and they don't show any discoloration and has always been white. Plus the white stuff is underneath the glass.

This is what made me get a white 4S. I couldn't decide at Best Buy so I went and looked them up on an iPad 2 to get some images. To my surprise, the display white iPad 2 looked flawless after probably thousands of touches. That right there made me realize white doesn't discolor.

ElysiumY2K

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
London
Pics+or+it+Didn_t+Happen.jpg

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
I've never heard of this before, and I recently got the White iPhone 4S so I hope to see pics.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
I don't really think that this is discoloration. The back panel is of varying thickness, and there are odd tricks that the light pulls around the logo. If you had inspected the phone as carefully back when you bought it as you are right now, you would have noticed that there is always some kind of "dark aura"-type effect around the logo under direct lighting.

This. Same thing on my white iPhone 4.

Nothing to see here people, move along.

jlt1984

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
I'll post pics when I get home this evening. BTW, it is about an inch below the Apple logo....so it's not just an issue of the way light is refracting off of the silver...

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Stop taking it into the bathroom with you.

This is funny but might be true. I read a story somewhere in the past saying that you shouldn't take your electronics in a bathroom with you. I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say that I haven't done so since.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
have the white 4S. Don't see how GLASS can discolor, its glass, glass is one color on the iphones and thats clear. White is just what is underneath. Only thing that can discolor is the band around the glass, mine isnt discolored after a month of usage, but I bet it will in a year.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
Well we all know the black version is better than the white version, hands down. Aint that right?

Actually no... not when it came to money, status, and power ;)

White version DEF had more of these 3 key things than black version for sure...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.