White iPhone and Radio Shack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saladiro, Jun 15, 2010.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

saladiro

What's the story with Radio Shack and reserving the white iPhone? I heard they had the ability to pre-sell despite At&T and Apple NOT having this luxury? My cousin, who I know did not lie, was told by Radio Shack they he had one reserved. How are they doing this? I actually called a few Radio Shacks, and they were all on board with the same story.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. bhansensfd macrumors member

When I originally called Radio shack they told me to be at the store at 6am to pre order. Then they called and told me 8am. then they called and told me to come in at 1pm and they were giving out pin numbers. Radio Shack was alotted 9500 phones nationwide and once you have a pin number you would have to come in on the 24th on a first come first serve basis, so I dont know what the point of going through all of that is and I dont think they really know what is going on.

3. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

thank you, I agree about the waste of the pin number,

is that official about the reserving and still having to come in? I have heard so much today, where did u get that info?

4. bhansensfd macrumors member

I received this information from 3 different employees at 2 different Radio Shacks

5. saladiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

saladiro

at this point I am so annoyed, I am going to cancel my pre delivery just wait for the white...

I am not giving into this mania....