White Iphone Back cracked - now what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fuj, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Fuj macrumors newbie

I just noticed my white iphone has a hairline crack on a corner. I've put it in a rubber InCase since I got it and have never dropped it or anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Dan

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

3. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

Take it to an Apple store for funsies? I don't doubt you didn't drop it, but the employees probably won't be a nice. Always worth the try.

4. Fuj thread starter macrumors newbie

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

It's still an Apple product and thus covered by Apple's warranty... take it to an Apple store.

6. kevink8125 macrumors member

kevink8125

7. bmms8 macrumors 68020

and if they do not believe you... stay there until they give you a new phone. show them MR if they want to see other phones as well. it sounds stupid, but in all honesty i would create a scene if they did not give me a new phone. good luck with it.

8. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Take a picture and post it if you can. I think it would be good to document as many of these 3G iPhone cracks as possible.

9. dave006 macrumors 68020

Here is the warranty information from AT&T that confirms that for the iPhone 3G you get to take advantage of Apple's services for warranty issues.

Quote from AT&T
    Warranty Exchanges:

New wireless devices carry a one-year warranty from date of purchase. Refurbished devices carry a ninety day warranty from the date of purchase. To make a warranty claim after the first 30 days from purchase, call 1-800-801-1101. Apple branded equipment is covered by Apple's one-year Limited Warranty; refer to apple.com for details.

AT&T Source:http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

Apple Site to download iPhone 3G warranty pdf file
    http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/iphone/3g.html :apple:

10. bluelondon macrumors regular

100% agree. we all know product quality control is not one of apple's strong points and many many of their ipods/iphones come with physical defects, so i would demand a replacement and if their so called genius gave me any attitude i would talk to their supervisor.

11. jsgreen macrumors 6502

Mine had cracks too and Apple exchanged it without issue.

12. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Put some liquid paper over the crack and put the cover back on and never speak of it again.

13. ruffdeezy macrumors newbie

Same problem here. I went to the Apple store to see a genius, basically since it is not a 'known' issue and is just cosmetic, they can't replace it because nothing is malfunctioning. I hope Apple realizes that this is a problem soon.
    [​IMG]

14. bmms8 macrumors 68020

ruff, i would demand a new iPhone. if the genius does not help, ask for the manager. there is no reason why they should not give a new one to you. good luck