white iPhone case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richard.mac, Oct 6, 2008.

1. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if anyone knows of a simple one piece white iPhone 3G case that only covers the back and crome ring please post :).

2. KC2 macrumors regular

(Edit: EliteKiller's succinct post pretty much negates everything I wrote :))

This is the closest I could come up with (but it still covers the home button portion): http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS507ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MTU1NTEyNA

The other alternative, I think, would be to wait for an Incase to release a Protective Cover (non-slider) (http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59053) in white. They have said they are coming out with all sorts of colors for the sliders and protective cases over the next few months. I haven't seen white being mentioned anywhere, but you would think it would be a no-brainer for that company. Maybe give them a call to find out if anything's in the pipeline? (They're not very good with e-mails, as I and others have found).

3. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

4. selena12321, Oct 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014

selena12321 macrumors member

contour silicon case white or Marware sport grip case.

5. snowleopard48 macrumors regular

snowleopard48

what do you mean the chrome ring?

PS: i'm snowleopard48 on mactalk

6. slapppy macrumors 65816

7. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I have the black iSkin Solo. It's a somewhat stiff case for being made of silicone/rubber. It fits VERY tight. I don't think anything can get between the case and the phone when the phone is inside the case. I have no scratches on my phone from it.

It covers the bezel which is good since it stops dust from gathering on the gap between the chrome bezel and the screen, which can eventually make its way under the screen.

I've tried a ton of cases, and I like the iSkin Solo the best. I have a black iPhone 3G and got the black iSkin Solo to be as discreet as possible. Others I've tried include the Speck Candyshell (doesn't cover bezel, and is ginormous), Griffin Wave, Contour Hard Skin, and SwitchEasy Colors (Really wanted to like this one, but it is an absolute lint magnet).

The other GREAT thing about the case is that it is grippy, but yet doesn't pick up any lint from pockets because its outer surfaces are "slick" but not so slick that it will fall out of your pocket (like a naked iPhone does). Every other non-hard plastic case I tried would pick up mountains of lint from my pockets.

I read somewhere on this forum that the SwitchEasy Colors was a special "treated" silicone that won't pick up lint. That must have been a SwitchEasy fanboy, because it is the worst when it comes to getting covered with lint.

8. skyoong macrumors newbie

I just got one White case here, also got a free pouch.
    Quality not bad, though similar to one in More.

9. JessicaR macrumors member

10. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

the iskins a great case. I have black and red, and i believe the black to be ever so slightly harder. The red ond is tight but comes on and off very easily. Black one u have to push it in and is super tight. Also op, u didnt say what kind u wanted or what material. Incase sliders are also great simple cases. I think u shud check those out as well. iskins come with screenshield tho which is a bonus while incase dont.

11. lucyna macrumors member

12. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

MonoPrice. TPU that covers the sides and back. That one is clear. Comes in other colors.

$1.12 each. Buy a bunch, every color. Will cost you less than ONE of the "brand name" cases.

I have one, I love it.

13. allicatmeow macrumors newbie

do you find it interferes with the camera? everywhere i've read, cases with that style cutout really hinders the camera's abilities in different lighting.

14. ihatephish macrumors regular

I'm curious about this case too. How is the quality? Exactly how clear is the clear case?

Thanks!