White iPhone CONFIRMED On Launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zildjianfan, Jul 9, 2008.

1. zildjianfan macrumors regular

2. dmelgar macrumors 68000

3. zildjianfan thread starter macrumors regular

my bad, maybe next time I will devote my life to searching through the several hundred threads that contain "white iphone" in them and making sure no one posted something with the exact same intent as me. maybe I thought it was a good idea to start a topic SOLELY on the now 100% proof white iphones will be available on launch and not talk about the video...i hate people

4. dmelgar macrumors 68000

The new "Forum Spy" is pretty cool to see new active threads.

5. zildjianfan thread starter macrumors regular

If someone posts material that may have been said before...just ignore it and dont be a little [insert what you know should go here] about it, plain and simple, thats all im saying

6. dmelgar macrumors 68000

If it was worth posting, it would be helpful to know there's already a discussion going on. Unless the only purpose for posting was thinking that you're first...

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

Was there ever any indication that white iPhones wouldn't be available?

8. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

after thinking about it.... i will go with the white iphone. I just wish the ENTIRE phone was white.

9. iPhone3G macrumors member

All White iPhone 3G

I agree. I wish the front panels were white like the back. I am thinking about ordering a white set of those "skins" covers for it and just putting the front panels on. They are like an adhesive, thin film to cover and "protect" your iPhone. I've never used them before, but I'm going to order a set (cost like $5) and if they are clean and thin and match the white color, I'll slap them on just the front panels.

Thought I'd put it out there as an idea for those who wish it was all white!

P.S. If anyone knows why this is a bad idea, or has had bad experiences with iPhone "skins" please let me know (I'm no expert on this idea!).

21 Hours, 35 Minutes until Central Time Launch!

10. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I would not personally ever want white to surround a video screen. It destroys contrast and is distracting. Granted, on a phone, perhaps not a big deal, but it just feels wrong.

11. iPhone3G macrumors member

True

I never thought about the contrast issue, but it is a good point. I'm sure Apple is that much smarter than me and thought of that long ago.

I guess I'll have to reconsider this idea, now.

12. xciteboy macrumors newbie

The white part is on the back and part of the sides. It's not directly against the screen (there is a black border area there). So I don't think the white color is going to effect your viewing.