White iphone conversion from ebay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mabyboi, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Hey guys,

Just asking for an opinion.. I've been looking on ebay for a better deal for an iphone 4 conversion kit... is there anything wrong with this kit?

Link

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is there anything that stands out as being wrong? something missing? Also, what tools would i need? mini cross head, a separator... and i cant remember the third..

Sorry for the massive pictures... cant figure out how to shrink them..

thanks guys!!:apple:

2. CZK, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

You'll have a hard time installing the faceplate, You need to open and empty the whole thing in order to get there.

Here is how with hd pics.
    There is 11 pages, click yellow next button bottom right

Have fun !

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/I...ssembly/3148/1

good luck

And it miss the earphone white jack and the usb 30 pin connector white

Btw: Converting your phone into white is a complete waste of money, just in case you didnt notice.
    ________
    BUY CANNABIS SEEDS

3. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

not bad....almost seems like the price on these things may start to go down

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

5. Rooskibar03, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010

Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

This is going to come across as a plug, so be it.

I ordered mine yesterday from these guys http:/www.ifixdirect.com/products/iphone-4-white-color-swap-kit after several conversations with them.

The are also going to offer the full kit (headphone and dock connector) starting Friday.

I went with him because the level of service up till this point has been stellar. His kit includes the tools needed to make the swap and he is more then happy to offer help over the phone should I need it durning the process. Worse case they will also allow me to send the phone to them if I run into problems and basically fix my mistakes (at a cost I'm sure)

Bottom line. For such an important & and expensive device I want to know if I run into trouble there is help along the way. A nameless and faceless seller on eBay instills no confidence for me.

They also offer an option for $20 more and they do the work. (Plus postage)

6. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Please make a new thread when you get it. Will you be doing the swap yourself or sending it in? I wonder how the quality is. Definitely cheaper than iresq.

btw, why would you need the headphone and dock connector changed?

7. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

I ordered the DIY kit. As soon as it comes I'll put up pictures, before and after. One of these days I'll get a first review of something on this site.:D

He had a picture posted of the converted headphone and dock. They are nice detail accents but from talking with him its a VERY tedious process.

The cost of them installing those two items was an additional $30. If a pro who does this for a living is telling me its a rough install, I'm gonna skip those two items.

8. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Haha, yes, hopefully you'll be the first, and hopefully soon. I want to do this for my wife who waited since release day for the white iPhone 4 until she caved in and got the black one last week. I guess I will skip the extras too.

9. cwsm macrumors member

Looking forward to your post! I've decided to order the full DIY kit from them after Friday.

10. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I know how to do the conversion, i was just concerned with the quality of the pieces. And if you think that converting the phone to white is a waste of money, thats your decision, but dont imply or force your decision on other people.

Awesome! im probably gonna buy this instead, same price, more reliable source. Please let us know how your conversion goes!

11. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i sent my phone to ifixdirect and i'm getting it back friday. i wish i knew of them sooner because i purchased all my parts (lcd assembly, headphone jack, dock connector) off ebay and my backplate off iresq. they have great customer service and i'll be sure to post a review on their installation :D

12. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Well son of a beotch.

I was talking to him last week and was waiting on the headphone and dock parts to arrive yesterday. By the time I placed my order he had gone through the stock he had on hand.

Oh well.

13. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i ordered my parts off ebay and simply sent everything to him to install because i had a stripped screw and no idea how to do the headphone jack.

14. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

what? so you didn't order? are they OOS now? :mad:

15. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

cant you guys just make one thread

there's like 10 threads about white iphone parts

It would be a lot more beneficial to have one big thread where people post where they got their parts, pictures and review.

16. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

17. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

No I ordered, just have to wait a few days to restock. He was very polite and apologized as well as offered to overnight the parts at no cost.

18. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i got my phone back from ifixdirect and my phone works great! only issue is they forgot my sim tray :( so i'm getting that back on monday.

19. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

[​IMG]