White iPhone..... conversion

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by saladiro, Jun 26, 2011.

1. saladiro macrumors 6502a

May 7, 2007
    New York
    by ay chance is it cheaper to convert a black iPhone to white? Does anyone know of a good site or cheap do it urself package...

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

Oct 14, 2007

Yeah a good quality can of white spray paint should do it......lol.

One can only imagine how much it would cost to fully replace the housing for a white one. Speak to your apple genious.

Personally I prefer the black but thats just my own taste.
  3. daaneel macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Around $50 for a white LCD/digitizer, $10 for a new home button, and around $20 for a new white back. HOWEVER I do not recommend you do this as the white conversion screens do not have the right tiny window in front of the screen for the proximity sensor. So basically everything on your phone will function except for your proximity sensor.
  4. awadeee macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2011
    Viper City
    You can get the front/LCD, back, and home button for about $80 on eBay. They are now being made with the new style proximity sensor. This would generally be cheaper than selling your black and getting an official white one.

NOTE: These conversion parts are Asian aftermarket parts and are not made by Apple.

What you are suggesting is incorrect. Apple does not sell iPhone parts seperately; they do in-house repairs. In addition to this, they do not support color change. Once black is always black.