White iPhone Naked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yodayoda, Oct 6, 2011.

1. yodayoda macrumors regular

Figured this might be a common concern amongst people , I know this topic has probably been beaten to death, but looking to hear from people who have owned both the iPhone4 White and Black to share experiences in terms of getting dirt around the edges and home screen- Obviously the front is covered with glass - Please do not post if you have used it with a case as that would change the effect- Thanks -

2. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

What do you want to know about the white iPhone naked ?I used the black for a year and been using the white naked for the last couple of months...

3. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply - I really love the look of the white but I am worried it is going to discolor on the edges and especially around the home screen - Give me the vote of confidence I need - I like the idea that it doesn't show smudges but if it shows dirt I will be pretty upset as the thing looks awesome in white

Do you notice any discoloration or dirt ?

4. simply stunning macrumors regular

I have had the white one since a few weeks after they came out, and it has never had a case on it. I do a lot of working in my yard, and wood working on the side, and I have it in my pocket, and it is way cleaner than the black on I had. You just don't notice any dirt.

Think about it like this. Have you ever had and or seen how hard it is to keep a black car clean as apposed to a white one?

5. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

Fair enough I can always bust out the iKlear if i had a problem

And whoever said in the other thread that the White iPhone is for 16 year old girls is crazy the thing looks awesome!

6. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Yea I wanted to get white. My girlfriend was said that :(

7. LittleMac223 macrumors newbie

Yeah, this is my concern. I'm a man, and i'm really liking the look of the white iPhone, but a lot of people seem to think this is the "girly" color. Not sure what to do. I like it because it's different and it reminds me of the old school iPod look.

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

There was no discoloration because the phone is covered by pieces of glass.

9. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

I got the white one. I had a white BB Torch before the iPhone. Cell phones have been black forever. Black is boring, IMO. Furthermore, I don't care if someone else thinks my phone looks girly. It's not their phone, it is my phone. If someone thinks the color of my phone somehow says something about my masculinity, well, they are an idiot. :)

10. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

You claim to be a man, yet you might not get the phone you want because you care what other people think?

11. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

But the edges around the glass are not

13. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

Lol. +1

14. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

This was my exact concern, but w/e I guess thats what iKlear is for yall

15. ann713 macrumors 6502a

I've owned both color variation, black and white. There's a lining around the edge of the white iPhone, I don't remember if the black did but you will definitely get dirt and discoloration in there. Wiping it down or iKlear won't do much, you have to take a needle or a sharp point to clean it out.

16. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

My white iPhone looks great, but I will say that one thing I noticed is that you will eventually get some dirt buildup around the edges of the home button. Nothing a pin couldn't scrape off, though. But that's the only kind of buildup I've noticed, nothing around the edges or on the screen.

17. Acronym macrumors 68000

sorry anyone who lets society decide what they choose to be girly is definetly limitting themselves, this is not targeted at you specifically but people of that mentality in general.

I say if you want something go for it, I myself am seriously considering the white iphone 4S and heck maybe a pink bumper or case for fun.

18. yodayoda thread starter macrumors regular

not what i was hoping to hear lol - now i guess i'm going to have to make a game time decision tonight

----------

I think the reason I want the white is more b/c i've bought the iphone 4 before and to buy a new phone I want something that looks different, I know the specs are way better on the new phone but I feel like if I buy the white it will feel like a "new" phone more, as stupid as that sounds...

19. ann713 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Just to illustrate what I'm talking about. I'm not too nit-picky about it but perhaps a case which wraps around the edge will prevent this.

20. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Think Antennagate.

If you don't need to use the phone you are just fine.

If however, you're buying it to use as a cell phone think twice...

21. trajen macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend has a white iPhone 4 and there is dirt in between the home button and the rest of the face plate. She's not a pig or anything; I'm not sure how it got there. It looks bad and we tried getting it out with an old toothbrush but it didn't work. Also, the plastic edge of the glass (front and back) is prone to staining, but should wipe off with a damp cloth.

22. llfloyd79 macrumors regular

llfloyd79

LOL....no doubt!

23. LittleMac223 macrumors newbie

Easy there buddy. Just trying to get a consensus of what other people think on the forums, because so far almost everyone I've talked to has this opinion, and I'm a little surprised so many people feel this way. There are other reasons that I'm not sure which color I want.

24. walterwhite macrumors 6502

walterwhite

If I lived in Miami... I think the white iPhone would be in style...

25. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

You sound like a teenager that hasn't made it past sophomore year of high school. Grow up, buy what you want. If someone thinks you are a girl :rolleyes: let them.