White iPhone online orders tomorrow at 6am?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ogdogg, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Anyone think we'll still be able to place orders on :apple:.com for white phones when the "pre-ordering" time is over? As in tonight/tomorrow morning?

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

That would be pretty sweet. I've never ordered a phone online. If you have an issue can you get it replaced at the apple store?

3. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

If you got an issue, here is a tissue.

4. c00lerness macrumors member

Most likely not.

Take a look at the UK's apple store website. You can now order the Black iPhone 4, while the white iPhone 4 states, "White iPhone currently unavailable for order."

I'm thinking the US apple store will be updated to say the same thing. Maybe sometime in July we can order or maybe there will be no orders at all until there is enough White iPhones produced.

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

No. Not until July 19th per Apple's press release.

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I love how people just make up dates. No where did that press release say July 19th it said second half of July. Which would be the 15th on.

7. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

whats that have to do with anything.. they don't update by timezone.. it's updated worldwide.. if you mean because it is 6 am there already.. if not my bad..

8. c00lerness macrumors member

Before it said "White iPhone currently not available for pre-order or in-store pickup." Now it says, "White iPhone currently unavailable for order." So I guess the websites are not updated worldwide because the US still has the iPhone 4 for pre-order.

There are no pre-orders in the UK now since the iPhone 4 is already out, that's why the black iPhone is now for order and not pre-order.

So i'm guessing the US apple store will say the same for the white iPhone 4 tomorrow.

9. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Bottom line, the white will be released when the black one from apple store return policy of 14 days has expired so they do not get a wave of returns. Think that's when we see white ones.

10. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

oh cool interesting..

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

you have 30 days to cancel your contract with AT&T without penalty, so both AT&T and Apple have always had (since the first iPhone) a 30 day return policy just for the iPhone, other mac products still 14 days. Note: the ETF is now $325.

[​IMG]

12. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

If the White iPhone goes up for pre-order at 12am PDT tonight on the Apple Store site, I am pre-ordering a white iPhone 4 for delivery, be it late July when I do get it. If no such thing happens, and the White iPhone still isn't up by 4am, I am driving 2 miles over my Apple Store and waiting in line and getting the black one tomorrow morning.

That's my plan....now.

13. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Yeah but so many people are reporting yellow blotches or lines on their phones, plus poor signal and reception, that really those people could wait till whenever the white iphone 4 is released and then go and complain that their phone is defective. Course, the real question here is would Apple force them to keep the same color that they originally purchased. Hmm.

14. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if your within the 30 day return window, you can exchange your black iPhone for a white one for no reason other than just wanting a different color (thats what I was told last year when I got my 3GS)

after your 30 days is up, your stuck with that phone.

15. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Still though the people with the yellow line on the bottom of their phone they are going to have to have that phone replaced. That is a manufacturing defect. So regardless of whether they bring the phone in aty 29 days or 31 days, as long as that phone is under warramty, that person is going to get a replacement. I mean maybe Apple will send the phone off to be fixed, but I doubt it.

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

trust me, even six months from now if your Black iPhone has a defect, Apple won't switch it for a white one, they will replace your Black iPhone with another Black iPhone. and if your iPhone has to get sent in for repairs and you request a temporary phone, they will mail you a black iPhone.

I've asked several times at different Apple Stores and 800-Apple Care, they have all given me the same response "it's Policy", one employee did elaborate further by saying "its policy to keep people from always switching"