White iPhone owners... chime in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onthecouchagain, Jun 13, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Can white iPhone owners chime in on their experience with the white iPhone? Is it significantly better looking, in your opinion, than the black? Was it the right move to switch or decide on the white one?

Likewise, are there any issues that may cause regrets? Does the white get "stained" or easily marked up or dirty from everyday use? Would love to hear more opinions.

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

my gf owns the white one, no difference at all. she did get a white bumper, and that ofcourse stains easy.

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Color is a personal choice. Pick which you prefer.

No the white does note "stain" any easier then the black. Its glass, front and back just like the black iPhone. My wife has the white iPhone and I do not notice her cleaning it any more often then I do my black iPhone.

4. err404 macrumors 68020

He was referring to the bumper staining.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

And he was referring to the iPhone itself, which the OP was also referring to.

My twin and I both got white iPhone 4s on Saturday. I was upgrading from the 3GS and my twin from a Motorola Backflip. Neither of us have noticed any stains or it getting dirty any faster than our older phones did.

6. jellybean macrumors regular

I used to have a black iPhone 4 and now have a white iPhone 4. It doesn't get dirty because it's made of glass and is wipe-clean. In fact I'd even say it looks cleaner because fingerprints can't be seen as easy. I definitely prefer the white, it reminds me of the old white iPods and feels more like an Apple product.

7. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

I switched from a black to white one last week. Love it. Finger prints and smudges dont show all over the phone. I have a white bumper, which still looks good, no stains yet!

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

actually he worded it to refer to the bumper

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

you are wrong, in the statement he said it is glass on front and back. the phone, not the bumper

10. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Got the White one 2 weeks ago
    Love it, as said above smudges and finger prints don't show as much which is great.
    I put on a screen protector straight away and it's almost invisible, you can hardly see them on the White iPhone.

I'm gonna stick with White now
    If the next iPhone comes I'm White that is ....

11. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Love the white with a white or transparent bumper. Stays clean, doesn't show smudges.

12. AllieNeko macrumors 65816

I bought a white iPhone last weekend but that's only because I waited so long since AT&T is brand new to my market (Montana - we were Verizon/Alltel/CellularOne territory - AT&T bought Alltel here) so I didn't have the opportunity to get an iPhone 4 at launch. I waited it out to WWDC just in case, and when no new iPhone was launched went for a white 16GB. Seems good to me. Top quality build!

As for AT&T's service - it's great EXCEPT I HATE that I had to switch to a 2GB/month plan. They didn't let me keep my unlimited Alltel plan. I really tried to like the Samsung Captivate they gave me as a free replacement for my Alltel HTC Desire. But other than the screen (which is light years ahead of the iPhone for video and pictures, but not nearly as sharp) the iPhone is vastly superior to the Captivate.

13. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

nope I like my white iP4. It doesn't show finger prints or dirt much. I added white carbon fiber to the front and rear and it still looks nice.

My old phone was a 3GS so of course I would like this one.

14. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Unfortunately white iPhones got to Spain in late May so I had to stay with the black one. Hey, it still changes everything. Again. iPhone (TM) :p