White iPhone Performance Vs Black

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skiman, Apr 28, 2011.

1. skiman macrumors member

I have both a black and a white 16gb iphone 4.

Im noticing quite a few differences.

the wifi on the white one is DEF a lot better... It constantly receives data in at around 20mb/s where the black one only gets around 6/7 mb/s

Also, when opening and closing the same app on both phones, with no multi tasking going on, the white opens and closes the apps a lot faster?

Discuss.

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Screen pics, video, etc or it did not happen. ;)

3. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Discuss what? It's the same phone. I know a couple people now with the white iPhone and they've all said it's exactly the same. Which it is.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

OP, you probably have the black one installed with a bunch of junk you don't need. Restore the black one to factory settings, then do the comparison test again.

5. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I was going to say the same thing. All the insides are the exact same. Isn't the only difference the front and back panels? Nothing to discuss.

6. skiman thread starter macrumors member

They have both the exact same apps, exact same music and exact same set up...!!

Surely, this one would have the revised antenna system as the black one was purchased on the day of release of the iphone 4? I cant think of any other reason for the difference in performance?

7. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

Here's another difference, the black is heavier than the white. Co-worker & I just found out by mistake. Also I get full bars vs his 3-4 in the same office, same iOS, etc... Interesting to say the least & needs to be noted. ;)

:apple:

8. st1ngo macrumors member

you really need to get out more

9. HockeyGuy macrumors member

I can confirm. My white iPhone 4 got 15 Mbps down while my black one got 10 mbps. The white also seems to have better call quality.

10. Smtevo macrumors 6502

LOL I spit up my drink when you said Discuss like we should debate you. Too funny man, thats why I love it here.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed.

The white iPhone 4 is still... an iPhone 4.

12. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Lol. I agree.

13. darkus macrumors regular

White is better huh, this is so racist....

but seriously, its the same damn phone, you need to take a break from technology for a week, you are too far deep.

14. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

15. skiman thread starter macrumors member

didnt realise this website was full of so many ballbags...

I was simply trying to figure out if anyone else had experienced any difference between running the two side by side... **** me.

16. wxman2003 Suspended

I get close to 20 Mbs download on my black iphone via wifi at home.

17. drummr macrumors regular

I got an OEM white conversion kit for my black phone and got in instant speed increase. Wifi and 3g are both crazy fast, and battery life is much better. Everything's overall just snappier.

NOT

18. Los macrumors regular

Dude, do you think that if I buy two white conversion kits and I stack one on top of the other, I can get even better performance? My black iPhone 4 is lagging behind after using it for 9 months and the white iPhone 4 sounds like it's the Black iPhone 4 that it should have been.

19. drummr macrumors regular

Probably so, but why stop at 2? Throw 15 on there. Sure it'll be a foot thick, but you'l have the fastest phone on the planet.

20. skiman thread starter macrumors member

LOlOLOL!!! I like this post lol

21. lapocompris macrumors regular

Hey drummr, Apple fans used to understand humor better than other people, but it's not true anymore...

22. haddman macrumors regular

My black iPhone regularly get 15-20 mps when on my home wifi network. No news here.

23. jctevere macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed any performance differences. At least anything that could be attributed to it being a "white" iPhone.

HOWEVER, I have noticed that the screen on my 32GB White iPhone is of noticeably CRAPPIER quality than the screen on my past 32GB Black iPhone (which I gave to my brother). Has anyone else experienced/realized this?

I will have to compare this with my sister's 16GB White iPhone and see if this issue follows with the new White iPhones.

The screen is just more dull and has less color and brightness (even on full brightness). At first I thought that it was just because of the white surrounding vs the black, but then at night time, there is a noticeable difference.

24. iFiend macrumors 65816

Did you expect the white to have the exact same LCD?