White iPhone Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Collin789, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

I keep seeing lots of posts about the while iPhone 4 and how it's possibly about to be released in different countries etc. Does anyone know whats taking it so long to be released? I understand when the iPhone 4 was first released they said something about being low on parts for the phone so they weren't going to release the white version. I guess they wanted to get an iPhone out to everyone who wanted it at release and then they would make the white version. But now that its almost been a year...
    Does anyone know anything? Is it more than just another color iPhone?!

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Apparently there was a problem with the paint chipping due to heat.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/13/white-iphone-4-to-finally-arrive-by-end-of-april/

3. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

With the iphone 5 coming in September. I think the White iphone 4 will be extremely limited and mostly likely will sell out fast with long delays.........

4. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I will be getting one for wife.. Her original droid is literally dying and she's complaining everyday.

5. endo689 macrumors newbie

I've heard of the chipping issue as well as problems with the ambient light sensor not reading correctly because of the white paint. From what I've seen of some images you can clearly see the sensor now above the speaker compared to the black one.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

6. Collin789 thread starter macrumors regular

Collin789

Yeah that's the one thing I don't like about the white iphone...the light sensor.

7. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Why do people say this like it's a fact? It's just a rumour, for all we know Apple could update their website tomorrow announcing the iPhone 5 (I know this won't happen but you get my point).