White Iphone Specification Change Possible Apple Chat Advise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mrmarkyd, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Mrmarkyd macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

I have been speaking with Apple Chat grilling them on various aspects of delivery times, release dates regarding the white iphone

she advised me that i will be able to order the white iphone guaranteed at some point this month from their online store and at an Apple store on release date - nothing new there

when i asked how is it possible to get a product not for sale within the next 2 weeks compared with a product that is now out but cannot get that for another 3 weeks

she advised it is possible that the shipping time will be alot less that that of the black initially depending on how many orders they get - this makes sense

INTERESTING though after the rumors of a new design, I asked is it possible that the white phone will be delayed again because if it is ill get a black and she advised..............

SHE COULD NOT COMMENT ON THIS HOWEVER SPECIFICATIONS CAN CHANGE ON AN UNRELEASED PRODUCT

what do you make of this ??? why would she have even responded to my question with this answer ???

Do you this it will be delayed because they are secretly coating the antenna like the rumors suggest ?

2. Adisah macrumors regular

An unreleased product is never finished. That's why it isn't released in the first place. It's only released when it's ready.

She probably responded like that because you were "grilling" her.

And Apple is probably is doing a bunch of stuff that we don't know or might not ever know about.

3. Mrmarkyd thread starter macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

i understand what you say however, in theory there should be no difference from the unreleased white to the released black as they were both pitched as the same when revealed at the keynote

4. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

They don't know any more than you or me. That's a standard line they say about unreleased products, obviously.

6. Mrmarkyd thread starter macrumors member

Mrmarkyd

i hope so, i just want the white so bad without a design change and it to work properly

so sick of waiting, i love apple though their secrecy in giving any dates is just plain stupid

7. chris.robison macrumors regular

I make nothing of it.

Nothing new.

They don't comment on rumors.

8. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

It must really suck right now to work for the Apple Support organization. Bad enough to deal with the usual issues, but to have to be nice in the face of being "grilled" over something you (a) likely have zero information on and (b) have zero control over must really make these people look forward to going to work each day.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Apple CSR #1: Hey Marge - ready for another lovely day on the phones?

Apple CSR #2: Oh yes Bonnie. Another 8 hours of phone calls complaining about reception, asking for free bumpers and when people can order the white iPhone

Apple CSR #1: Well - you know how I get through the day?

Apple CSR #2: No - how?

Apple CSR #1: Well when I see the caller ID come up on our terminal of someone with a long history of repeat complaint calls, I throw in some random crap that I know will make the message boards crazy or wind up on Gizmodo and then watch the fur fly. Makes the day go soooo much faster!