White iPhone still pictured in Bumper Ad.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Robby C, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Robby C, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2010

Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

Not to over-speculate or attempt to bring hope to what some may describe as "a lost cause". But, I noticed today that the iPhone pictured in the bumper ad on the Apple website is still the white iPhone.

One would assume (or maybe it's just me...) that if there wasn't going to be a white iPhone 4 then they would re-render the picture so that the iPhone is black, rather than the current white.

[​IMG]

Follow this link and scroll down to see it on the actual website.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I simply did a brief search.

Happy Holidays.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

That photo was on their site when the phone first came out in June.

We've had 6 months of that photo being up without any change in white-iPhone availability, so I doubt you can draw any conclusions from it still being there.

3. Robby C thread starter macrumors regular

Robby C

True, and I'm not really trying to get anything out of this to be honest.

But, with the removal of the option of the white iPhone in the "buy now" section on the website and this being the only hint of a white iPhone 4 being around it might figured "shed light" to the few who may be waiting for an Apple-Produced white iPhone (4).

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Why would they have it there if they're not planning on making it. That would be false advertisement if they're not planning on making it.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Really, a white iPhone thread? Really?

I've canceled Christmas for you. Next time think before you post. :D

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I believe we got as much light as we were going to when Apple announced that the white iPhone wouldn't be released until "Spring 2011." I think many people have come to assume that this either means that we will have a white iPhone 4 for 3 months before the iPhone 5 is announced, or that Apple will once again delay the white iPhone in March/April and simply announce the iPhone 5 with both black and white (this time with the supposed color problems fixed).

I think you're reading too much into a marketing image. At one time (say 12 months ago when the picture was likely being prepped) Apple imagined releasing the white iPhone 4 and selling bumpers for it. It might be a simple oversight on someone's part, or Apple might still be optimistic that they'll be able to get the white iPhone out before June and thus they want people imagining all the color possibilities they can have with the iPhone and bumpers.

I think Apple is planning on making a white iPhone, just probably not an iPhone 4. At this stage it's pretty unlikely, and I agree that it's sort of wrong to treat customers this way. Most of Apple's customers don't hang around message boards and watch Apple like a hawk. They might see the image and assume that a white iPhone is going to come out any day now.