White iPhone (torx screw) Is there a proximity sensor fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobamuknunbabo, Feb 15, 2011.

1. bobamuknunbabo macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; ko-kr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi, I've just converted my iPhone to white. EVERYTHING WORKS well :) except the proximity sensor. I did my research and it seems there are numerous theories about why it doesn't work, but nothing on HOW TO FIX IT.

I've heard About the black sharpie fix, but does it fix with the NEW iPhone with torx screw? Or does it not work with the torx screw model? Or is it honestly a hit and miss?

My white front had an orange tape if you guys know what I'm talking about.

2. martynov macrumors member

Do the sharpie fix, im sure it will work. Worked for mine, i have a new iPhone. Just take a sharpie pen and color all the holes in. Gives it a nice touch as well.

3. entraik macrumors 6502a

im considering getting mine converted to white... where did u get urs done? thanks

4. bobamuknunbabo thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; ko-kr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I got mine locally CA. The kit was $140

5. jhatz macrumors member

I'm looking to do the white conversion myself....does this work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP_MUgjc-Fk&feature=related

I don't see a video on what I would need to sharpie. Plus, should the precaution be done the first time around putting the housing on to find out if my conversion causes a proximity sensor issue or should I reassemble and try to see if it works out of the box?

Sorry for semi-hijack.