White IPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by urk, Jul 9, 2011.

1. urk macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

What are the differences between the black iphone and the white one? (Besides the color)

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You just answered your own question.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Holy *****.

Some of the questions on here never cease to amaze me.

5. Centient macrumors 6502

The cameras (or processing) behave differently. Seriously. I first noticed it when I was out shopping for a new iPhone. I did a couple sample shots (1 black, 1 white iPhone) at the Apple store and noticed the pictures looked different. Then I tried a few different black/white iPhones and observed the same differences. I thought I was just imagining it at first, but the differences are definitely there.

We have a black and a white iPhone in our house and I've done the comparison test several times in different settings. To my eye the white iPhone produces sharper images and more natural coloring with the flash off. Though it can blow out whites at times. In particular in good/normal lighting situations I think the black iPhone produces more natural/subdued shots. The white iPhone performs noticeably better in low-light with the flash off than the black iPhone does. It grabs more detail and has less noise.

PCWorld has made pretty much the same observations, and has some comparison shots posted that you can take a look at.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/228815/white_iphone_4_vs_black_iphone_4_do_they_have_different_cameras.html