White iphone4 cases,do they fit properly?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by naths, Apr 29, 2011.

1. naths macrumors 6502

Just wondered if anyone has fitted a case to there white iphone4?,and if it fits correctly?,if so which ones do fit and which ones dont,seeing as its very slightly thicker...

2. mgg, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011

mgg macrumors member

I got a white iPhone at the Verizon store today. I ended up getting a Belkin silicone cover because I liked that you could kind of see through it (and see there was a white iPhone under there). It wasn't surprising that it fit because it's very pliable -- you just pull it over the phone.

Since I knew that the white iPhone was supposedly thicker than the black one, I also tried an Incase Slider cover just to see if it would fit -- and it did. I was kind of surprised because my son has this cover on his black iPhone, and I knew it was a tight fit -- he has a PowerSupport anti-glare screen protector, and the Incase Slider was such a tight fit that it caused the protector to bubble (as happens with many slide-on covers, it seems).

I have a clear PowerSupport Air Jacket coming next week. I don't foresee that being a problem because it only goes on the back and sides, and doesn't go over the front at all (at least I don't think so).

I bought the Belkin just to get me through till the Air Jacket came, but I'm kind of liking it now. It's pretty thin, so it doesn't add much bulk. It allows for a better grip than a naked iPhone, and I think it'll provide more protection that the Air Jacket.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=540384
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59667/5
    http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/428/s/air-jacket-set/category/54/ Note: The Air Jacket comes with a (great) screen and back protector.

Hmmm...I see that the Belkin also comes in clear. They only had turquoise and purple at the Verizon store. I may end up getting the clear one if the Air Jacket doesn't pan out. :rolleyes:

3. alizkate2 macrumors newbie

4. RebeccaL, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

5. gcarlucci macrumors member

Attached Files:

6. clovis112 macrumors regular

lmao i was like, not the same picture again...

7. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

LOL. Good photoshop!

8. iFiend macrumors 65816

Win

9. lee50539310 macrumors newbie

white is a little thicker, most time cases fit white and black both.

10. maruchan macrumors newbie

Yes, even knock offs fit, here is a pic of my white iphone with knock off vapor case...

[​IMG]

11. trungthiendo macrumors regular

how did you get ur phone to look like that...what kinda themes?

12. maruchan macrumors newbie

THe lockscreen theme is called typophone weather

13. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

No not even a little. They are both the same exact size. See the article I linked :).

[​IMG]

14. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

15. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

It's tipb word vs Consumers Report. I thrust Consumers Reports more.

16. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

For real? Trust?

You think TiPb is lying?

Can't you just accept the fact that there are manufacturing defects which lead to some white iPhones being slightly larger than others and this results in some cases not fitting properly?

17. applefanatic32 macrumors newbie

I have the White iPhone 4 and....

all three of my cases that I used for my Black iPhone 4 fit perfectly - just as they did on my old phone. These cases include:

The Otterbox Commuter (Black)

The Incipio Feather (Pink)

and the iSkin Solo FX Jelly Case for AT&T iPhone 4 (Green) ...

Obviously, the colors of the cases don't matter but I just thought I would add them in there because I sooooo bored :) :)

18. xxsullyxx macrumors newbie

i bought my wife the white and the incase slider doesn't fit with the powersupport antiglare. it bubbled the screen and was super tight getting on. took 5 minutes to get off. back to the store for another one i suppose

19. mgg macrumors member

That happens with the black iPhone too.

Today we replaced my son's (cracked) Incase Slider with a CaseCrown Glider (and also replaced his PS anti-glare screen protector). The PS doesn't bubble anymore, but the CaseCrown doesn't have much of a lip that goes over the screen, so his screen isn't as well-protected as before. It's slimmer than the InCase and has a nice matte finish -- however, there are some complaints on Amazon about the finish peeling. There were enough good reviews to offset the bad, so I went ahead and got it. My son liked it enough (especially now that the PS isn't bubbled) to keep it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YJ7S4K

My PowerSupport Air Jacket came today. It fits my (white) iPhone fine, but offers no screen protection at all (so, therefore, doesn't cause my PS anti-glare to bubble). I went ahead and ordered the clear Belkin silicone case that I mentioned in my previous post. I think that's the case I'll end up using, because I like the one I have now, just not the color (purple). (It doesn't interfere with the PS.) There's a link for it in my previous post, if you want to check it out.

20. RebeccaL, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I was justs going on what Phill Schiller (Sr. Mrkt. Vice Precident at Apple) and CR said. Both said there was no difference. I have no intention of arguing with you Mr. Greenberg. But CR and Schiller have more credibility. Plus so many users have confirmed it already.

http://www.9to5mac.com/64682/phil-s...cker-dont-believe-all-the-junk-that-you-read/

21. nkcd macrumors newbie

By personal and real world experience, I can conclude that it's indeed thicker. I have yet to see one consumer said that it's the same size.

It can't be blamed on QC either. 0.2mm is too much of the MFG tolerance.

22. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Walk into an Apple store and test a few for yourselves. Maybe you will catch a difference between a few, who knows. Apple's products are full of little defects, it's nothing new..

23. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Okay, obviously apple DOESN't want to admit theres a difference... after all that time making the phone and lo and behold thers a MINOR difference and it isnt 100 percent. Like I've said before, WHY would there be reports by many people about the phone feeling thicker, and cases fitting tighter with the white iphone IF they are in fact the same. Either there is a difference or factory defects. Until you've tested for yourself... Don't believe everything they tell you, especially big companies. As if Apple has never lied to their customers lmao