Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

11crv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Any white iphone user having problems with the white color? The reason i ask im thinking of purchasing the white but wonder how it has held up. My friends and family have black and if all the phones left out they look at the screen to make sure it is thier phone. That is the only reason for the white color. Thanks

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
The white doesn't fade it's under the glass. Ive had mine since it came out and no problems with it.

Jul 1, 2007
Indiana
My white one looks just like new, other than there is a slight amount of discoloration around the home button from dirt (I assume). Every so often I clean it with a q tip and it looks like new.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
The only issue would be getting dirt between the glass and plastic surround. Having a bumper on it of course will keep that area clean.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
The only Issue I've had with white iPhones/iPads is that I use clear screen/body protectors (like InvisibleShield) and then keep the device in a pouch-stype case when not in use.

Problem with this is, the dye from the dark inner felt lining of these cases can transfer on to the clear cover. This isn't noticeable on a black iPhone, but on a white one, it'll look like your iPhone has gotten "dirty."

The dye doesn't transfer to the phone itself though, so if you remove the clear protector, your phone looks good as new again.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The only Issue I've had with white iPhones/iPads is that I use clear screen/body protectors (like InvisibleShield) and then keep the device in a pouch-stype case when not in use.

Problem with this is, the dye from the dark inner felt lining of these cases can transfer on to the clear cover. This isn't noticeable on a black iPhone, but on a white one, it'll look like your iPhone has gotten "dirty."

The dye doesn't transfer to the phone itself though, so if you remove the clear protector, your phone looks good as new again.

THIS.

I also got a switcheasy capsule rebel for the 4S and the soft rubber part is already getting yellow. Granted, it's not at all a problem with the phone, but that, coupled with the invisible shield getting a dirty look, makes me wish I had just stuck with black. Of course that will get just as stained and dirty, but if I can;t see it I am not thinking about it. Ignorance is bliss!

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I tried having the white iPhone but I couldn't get past the black border

Has nothing to do with this topic.

The only cosmetic issue I've noticed are small chips from taking my case on and off on the white plastic border around the screen.

Looking at my old 4, and there are chips on it too that I just never noticed.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've not had mine long, but with a sgp ultra crystal on front & rear and black bumper on I've no complaints. Not having to wipe fingerprints every 2 minutes is a definite plus to the white!!

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Mainly your problem will be dirt. Dirt getting stuck into the plastic borders and dirt getting stuck around the home button.

Also, indoors the white look creamish. Outdoors with bright sunlight the white looks like the brightest white you'll ever see.

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
I have the White 4S but have it in a flip case that covers the front and back, should I still put a screen protector on it just in case? Or is it not worth the hassle?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.