White iPhones - 2nd Half of July

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

This sucks!

2. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I bet Apple will release it after July 24th, so people who got a black one on launch won't be able to return it and get a white one.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

You're so right!

4. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Expect them to actually be released the beginning of August or at the VERY END of July. They aren't going to want to deal with a lot of returns if they do it within the first month of release. Glad I chose to get the black one!

5. xtend macrumors regular

6. drew077 macrumors member

I wouldn't be surprised if it was July 15 because that is when the new droid phone is going to be released. They could steal some of the hype maybe.

7. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Yeah, producing white paint sure is quite the delicate process. :rolleyes:

Edit: At least they have finally said something.

8. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

The press release is complete bull. They produced white ones for wwdc. So they would've known about this before they even announced it. Complete bull.

EDIT for clarity: I know this is official, I'm just saying apples reasoning is crap.

9. ian-frs macrumors 6502

ian-frs

It sucks but I'm glad they said something. I am going to snag a black and just wait till the next phone to get a white.

10. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

It's about time apple spoke up. It took them long enough but I'm glad they finally did. They'll save me the disappointment of going out tomorrow and probably getting nothing. I want white bad enough that I'll wait a month. I'm still running strong on my iPhone 2g. What's a few more weeks. Plus with only a few black ones delivered the forums are already covered with complaints. If this means I get a better quality phone then I'm even more for it.

11. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Exactly!!! I didn't want to get up at 4 am to wait in line for something that "may" be their. So I am happy they said something and you know what, I am fine with waiting till then.

12. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I too am glad they at least spoke up and said something. Now I don't have to go wait in line just to be disappointed.

I have a reservation and will pickup my black iPhone sometime tomorrow afternoon, probably on my lunch break. I wish I could have gotten the white one but I guess it wasn't meant to be... :/

13. xtend macrumors regular

Oh and in Apple's terms "second half of July" means July 31st, of course. :rolleyes: :mad: :(

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

15. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

But they were CONFIRMED to be out at launch by multiple members! :eek:

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Hahahaha!