White iPhones at Regent St Store ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sanzu08, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Sanzu08 macrumors member

Sanzu08

Has anyone been in the Regent Street Store this morning and seen if they have any of the White iPhones ????

BTW when passed one O2 shop and 2 CPW shops this am, all with queues of despondent look people

2. hammersginge macrumors newbie

Stuff.tv have just said that white iphones are on sale at apple store regent street.

From the website : 'This morning over 150 iPhone disciples filed down to their church, Apple's flagship store on Regent St. And the big news is that, despite claims to the contrary from O2, 16GB white iPhone 3Gs have been on sale in the store.'

So maybe they kept them all for themselves?

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Oh, well that'd be your usual British queue then. :cool: :p:p

4. Sanzu08 thread starter macrumors member

Sanzu08

Hmmmm,,,, I would really like to get he White version but I'm an upgrader and the apple store isn't doing the upgrade....

I wonder if there is any chance that if I went to regents street, opened an new contract with them to get a White one, that O2 would then let me treat it like an upgrade and cancel my original contract?????

...yeah - I'm clutching at straws...:confused:

5. cmmorrison macrumors member

well not surprising (RED) iPods are only available from Apple Stores (retail and online) though that could be to allow them them margins to donate to charity.

6. cmmorrison macrumors member

i would just hang tight - chill - get 2.0 software today
    you can wait a week for a white (or black) 3g

theres no confirmation so far that apple store does have them.

i work a couple of hundred yards away - but cant be arsed to go down there - probably will swing by lunchtime - but will be sold out

7. Sanzu08 thread starter macrumors member

Sanzu08

Yep, I have 2.0 working - been messing with apps (love the remote)

I'm about 10 mins walk from the Regent street branch, but not sure I'm going to be able to get out of work till mid afternoon. You are right about waiting - but damn i don't want to !

8. markym07931 macrumors regular

Update from Sheffield. Guitar here is out.. We are all waiting patiently for the systems to come back online. But we have drinks, food and apple are looking after us.

Now, do I play guitar hero. Never in my life have I played it before!!

M

9. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The Bullring Apple Store has the white

Attached Files:

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

is there still stock at the bullring?

Edit - any word on stock for tomorrow? I'd imagine a lot of people in the UK are going to have to queue (again) - are any stores showing what there stock will be like over the weekend/ Birmingham, London, Apple stores etc?

11. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Stock - Yes

Able to process the order - No

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

How many? What was the queue like? I'm seriously considering driving there either today or tomorrow if they'll have any in :)

13. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

BBC Radio FiveLive just reported shortages and problems processing orders at the end of the 11:30 news... the medja have picked up the ball and are running with it.

14. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

At the local O2 store I went to this morning, I saw the local paper's cameraman angling for a photo - he asked one of the reps, and the rep asked the manager in store - the manager said: ~"Dear God no!". Still took some shots of those inside...

Local papers might take the mickey about local O2 stores, and the same at a national level. It'll hit the Metro paper tomorrow i'd imagine, and be on the website today, along with the newspaper tech sections

(Daily Mail leading with a StreetView Google Maps tirade today, so maybe O2 tirade tomorrow)

15. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I don't know numbers but they have plenty.

The problem is processing the order. They have only managed to sell 4 so far in 4 hours. Unfortunately, I'm number 5. :mad:

16. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

what's the queue like to get one? I wouldn't mind putting driving over, and queueing, if they fall back to contingency plans and do the paperwork by hand, and sell the handsets today...

17. tripout macrumors newbie

I was right next to you until just after 11. Reserved a couple instead (one for me and one for the mrs). Pretty glad I'm not there now! Are they still doing 1 at a time (or trying)?

18. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I've just had my lunch break :D

They seem to think it might start working after 1:00pm.

Almost 5 hours now. :mad:

19. s0upb0ne macrumors member

in the line at the South Bronx Store...line is at least 50 deep

20. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Spoke to my mate who's working at the Bullring apple store and he said they've got loads of iPhones, both colours. I did want the white at first, but when i actually got to look at it, its not all that great. Its more cream than white and it doesnt go well with the front being in black.

21. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    Hi

I got a black 16GB from an O2 store, I am a current O2 customer so can only upgrade and o2 only have the black handsets. I have only had the phone since 9:40 am and only opened the box at 11:00 and I have to tell you that the black plastic back looked great before I touched it. You should see the number of finger prints. I am going to have to get a case as this will drive me mad. I am kind of thinking that I wished I waited until O2 had the white phone as I don't think the marks would be as bad.

But hay I am a big kind and its a new toy!:)

Alex