White iPhones not selling that well?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Jul 23, 2008.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I just called my local AT&T store to find out about DF for a friend and they said 8 or 16 GB Black 10 to 21 days. White 16 GB 72 hours. What's up this that? She said the White is not selling as fast as they expected.

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Grab a white, it's hot. I just saw one at the Apple Store yesterday and i wanted it hehe.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

It's all a matter of taste, and I guess more people want black.

I have a white one and love it though. Though don't compromise on your personal choice of color just to get it faster.

4. rust.puppet macrumors regular

thats good though to an extent, hopefully they stop making white ones and then the few left with them will have unique phones.

well one up side.

they ARE more feminine i guess but i like them more anyways.

5. newyorksole macrumors 68020

That's not completely true. When I was 45th in line at my Apple Store, the guy said they only had White left and everyone stayed on line. The white is selling, but the black is probably more popular.

6. nanvinnie macrumors regular

the white ones look sweet.. kinda like the cleaner look of white

7. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

The White ones rock, they don't show all the fingerprints and smudges like the black one does. Love my white iphone!

8. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

The black version has a lot of fingerprints that are clearly visible. The white has the same issue, but not as visible since it is white. :p

I have the white version because my Apple store sold out, but I liked the white MUCH better when I saw it is person.

9. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

When I picked my iPhone up (Regent Street Apple Store, London) they had limited black 16s left but "loads and loads" of whites. The day before they sold out of black but had stacks of white left. People are buying them, but not at the rate of the black ones it seems.

10. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I got a white iPhone because I liked the look and knew it wouldn't show smudges on the back as much as the black would... besides, it's pretty much an original Apple color. Mine arrived 2 days after I ordered it, whereas my father's black one still hasn't arrived.

11. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I definitely would have picked a white of the front was white too. I wasn't really liking the two-tone.

12. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

White ones were flying off the shelf here in Orlando on launch day. Luckily I got one of the last ones, but they were very popular here.

13. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

Yep get what you want don't settle just to get one. I waited in line for 2 hours at Att launch day for them to say they sold out of black 16GB and I was the 5th person in line after those 2 hrs. I was pissed off but walked. Then I went home after working 12 hrs and waiting in line for 2. Woke up around noon and went to the nearest Apple store and waited in line for 4hrs. Got my hands on my 16 GB black and the apple guy siad they had about 4 16GB black left. Anyway wait for what you want... they won't be sold out forever....

14. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

works for me i love the way the white one looks, black looks cool too but the white is sexy. I went to the apple store in white plains and they only had white left so i was able to stroll right in and get one. sure beats standing on line for a few hours in NYC. Plus if most people have black it gives the white a little exclusivity.:cool:

15. Bonnie macrumors member

I love the white iPhone. I also thought I wanted black at first, but when I saw them side-by-side, I decided to go with the white one. Less prints (definitely) and it stands out a bit more.

16. David2070 macrumors member

I love my white iPhone. Its the classic iPod colour :)

17. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Of course the black is more popular.. it's sold in 8 and 16GB. I see more people that originally wanted black that got white than the other way around.. by far. The white is beautiful and unique.. the black.. well.. how many black cell phones are on the market? A LOT.

18. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

the white iPhone is selling very well. I switched my defective white 16GB and I decided to get a black 16GB. Definitely MY color.

Don't get me wrong, white looks fantastic but if it's not your color you're never going to be happy with it.

I'm starting to think black is becoming more rare. Everyone in line today were buying white ones--well the majority. So far in public the only ones I've seen are white believe it or not. I haven't seen a black iphone until a couple days ago used by someone.

I'm so glad I got black, I missed my dark, shiny electronics haha.

White is selling great, i'm in Virginia and it's popular here. :)

19. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Its ok by me if they're not selling - I was able to pick one up today!

20. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

At several AT&T stores down here, the whites are selling out before the blacks per some workers

:eek:

Girlfriend was offered a black but wanted a white and had to go to another store to get it

21. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink