white iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coachbrady79, Sep 14, 2015.

1. coachbrady79 macrumors member

I have the space grey iphone 6 (my first iphone) how do the white iphones hold up over time, any discoloration?

2. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

i'd be interested to know myself. my understanding is they don't. but i'm a little worried about the little piece of plastic that rings the display. i've dinged up the one on my black 6 but you can't tell just looking at it, because it's black. wondering if that little piece of plastic can't get dirty or stained or marked up over time on the white phones. i would think it would stand out.

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

4. sigp6 macrumors member

I'm on my third white iPhone.

I've never used a case - no issues.

5. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

No discoloration whatsoever on my white/silver 6. I baby my phone, much like many others.

Had this phone the longest I've ever had an iPhone and will be replacing it 9/25... hehe. :)

6. cfairbank macrumors 6502

I have had a white iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, and currently have the white/sliver 6+. All have held up extremely well. I ordered a SG 6s+ this go around. I am hoping that it holds up as well as my white ones have. Just thought it was time for a change.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I've had the white 5, 5S, and 6+ and never had any issues with anything.

8. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

I've had a white/silver iPhone 5S for 2 years now and no - there is absolutely no discoloration to speak of.

It probably helps that I am a non-smoker!

9. Bilemshious macrumors member

Bilemshious

I've owned white 4S, 6+, iPad 2, 3, mini, Air, Air 2... never had any color issues for any of them.

10. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

Yeah, I am finally switching to a white silver and I have been ordering black or Space grey for awhile. I was worried about yellowing and also the look of the screen against the white bezel, but I have seen quite a few in person and they look very nice.

11. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

I have a silver/white iPhone 5. No discoloration.

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I never had any issues with the white 4 and 4S that I used to have. Currently I have a space grey model because I wanted something different, I could see myself going back to white someday when I get bored with the dark colors.