Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
When I was at the Bethesda Row, MD Apple Store on Friday, I had a chance to play with the new nanos and classic iPods. My only experience with video on an iPod is with my iPhone...

I noticed that when playing a widescreen movie/tv show the letterbox bars are white...can this be changed to black? White bars are a huge distraction. Also, can the widescreen videos be "zoomed in", like on the iPhone?

I'd like to buy a 160g classic with my iPhone rebate, but these white letterbox bars are a dealbreaker...

trevorlsciact

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2007
Orlando FL
When I was at the Bethesda Row, MD Apple Store on Friday, I had a chance to play with the new nanos and classic iPods. My only experience with video on an iPod is with my iPhone...

I noticed that when playing a widescreen movie/tv show the letterbox bars are white...can this be changed to black? White bars are a huge distraction. Also, can the widescreen videos be "zoomed in", like on the iPhone?

I'd like to buy a 160g classic with my iPhone rebate, but these white letterbox bars are a dealbreaker...
:eek::confused:are you sure it wasn't just the specific video you were playing?!?! Some are like that, for instance the barbie girl music video has pink and purple letter boxing I believe.

feju

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2007
Germany
White Letterbox Bars

Hey there,

i just bought an iPod Classic and I'm having the same problem with it. When playing a movie (480x260px) my iPod displays white letterbox bars. There really isn't any other website on google describing this bug/setting/feature (?), but every picture or video of video playback on an ipod classic/nano shows black letterbox bars.

Is this a production error or something?

UPDATE:

W0000t!? I just synced my iPod another time and added some music video I downloaded for testing pupose. Everything is looking fine now. Black lettersbox bars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.