white line around artwork

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Oliverpo, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Oliverpo macrumors newbie

When I add artwork to iTunes songs, sometimes there is a white line on some or all of the sides of the picture. I make sure that I crop all of the white from a graphic and check it against a black background before I paste it into iTunes. Why does it appear on some artwork and not others? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks

2. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

I think it's just if the artwork is not big enough or not square.

3. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

Agreed, use wikipedia or amazon for album artwork, or use the iTunes feature to get album artwork but I think you need an iTunes account to get the artwork on iTunes.

4. Oliverpo thread starter macrumors newbie

white line around artwork

Thanks for the replies. I checked some of the offending graphics and the ones that weren't square came in without the white lines when I made them square and pasted them in the song.

I still have a few graphics that were square and still have the white line - there are so few that I'm not going to worry about them. If I see a better graphic, I'll try it.

The other thing is that I have rectangular album covers, both horizontal and vertical that come in just fine with no white lines. Why do the squares have to be exact?