White Line in my MacBook Pro mid 2009 LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbrain2010, Apr 23, 2010.

1. macbrain2010 macrumors newbie

Today I have noticed a white line in my MBP mid 2009 LCD. I have tried switching the in built graphic cards but line is still there. Does this mean it is a LCD problem?

If it is a LCD problem what may have caused it? or it is just a random defect which appeared? What you suggest me in this regards.

How many days it may take to get fixed by the apple ? Will it be a lpatop replacment or LCD?

I have urgent piece of work to do and can not live without laptop for many days.

I have three years apple care and I am also still under one year retaile warrenty.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Try making a new account and see if the issue still exists.

3. macbrain2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried creating a new account, also tried changing Desktop Wall Papers. When I take a screenshot white line does not appear in the screenshot.

Two weeks before I visited the apple genius bar due to over heating of my MBP but as per genius bar this heating seems to be in normal range.

I am really woried about this line now, It may or may not have link with existing heating issue.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Sounds like an LCD issue then as it should be seen in screenshot if it was GPU issue. Ring Apple and get it fixed

5. stumbletown macrumors newbie

Sounds like what happen in my powerbook G4 when my lcd data cable went. Got one pixel length vertical line down the screen, and then a couple more, after awhile there was a bunch. Took Apple about three weeks, but that was due to them not being able to procure the part, so they ended up replacing the entire machine. My guess is it'll only take a couple of days to repair.

6. macbrain2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

@stumbletown Did they offered the exactly same machine in replacment ?

@Hellhammer

I have further noticed If I switch off my machine for about one hours this line disappeared and then again when machin is on for about 2 hours line appeared again.

I have booked an appointment with genius bar and let us see how they look up this case.

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yea, it's issue in the screen then.