White line/splotches on MacBook screen when black.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bethparky24, Apr 16, 2014.

1. bethparky24 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm new to these forums and had a look around but can't find a solution to my problem.
    For the past few weeks I have noticed a white splotch on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011) screen. You can only notice it when it is booting up and when the screen is black. It has recently got quite a bit worse, moved further across the screen in a line. I've tried to get a picture of it to better illustrate what I am talking about.
    I still have applecare until Jan 15, but I'm worried that this sort of thing will be put down to pressure and wont be covered. However I take good care of my MacBook, its never been dropped or had anything on top of it etc, so I'd highly doubt that pressure is the problem. There is no damage to the casing, except for the odd scuff and scratch down to it being 2+ years old now.

I took it in for a battery service around a year ago due to it failing to hold a decent charge (2 hours), and the 'genius' seemed very reluctant to replace the battery for me then even though I had paid for the extended applecare, and spent a lot of time examining the outside and commented on scuffs and scratches.

I'd really appreciate any insight that you could give me.
    Thanks,
    Beth.

[​IMG]
    The other lines on the screen are a reflection of a striped jumper btw hah :)

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

That is at times caused by pressure, but you would need to get it to apple for them to check, it could be a manufacturing defect or physical damage. You never know sometimes apple fixes thing on exceptions. Give it a shot and all the best. I noticed the same line on my retina that was when it was in service for no display apple declined to honor the display warranty saying it was a physical damage. I had a word with a few seniors and honestly told them that i did not notice this mark before I handed it over they made an exception and replaced the display.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Doesn't look right and appears to be physical in nature, so much there's little that you can do other then take it to apple and have them look at it.