Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tonyv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
I have a mac where I get up automatically light (F1 and F2). It stands firmly on the screen, and when I try to take it down (F1), so it automatically goes up to F2 and then it remains that way on screen. Other times when I look at such movies then the dashboard comes up and other commands automatically up.. Do not know what this is and is very annoying. Someone who has had the same problem or know how problemms can be fix?

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
I have a mac where I get up automatically light (F1 and F2). It stands firmly on the screen, and when I try to take it down (F1), so it automatically goes up to F2 and then it remains that way on screen. Other times when I look at such movies then the dashboard comes up and other commands automatically up.. Do not know what this is and is very annoying. Someone who has had the same problem or know how problemms can be fix?

Almost impossible to understand what on earth you're talking about but at a guess you have a faulty keyboard.

Either pop off the bottom case and use iFixit to locate where the cable is and make sure it's seated properly (the cables are very temperamental) or look into getting a new one. Could be liquid damage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.