White MacBook battery problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dugnut, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Dugnut macrumors newbie

Hey guys...

Since about July, my laptop depends soley on my charger being plugged in to function. If I knock the charger out by accident my laptop shuts down straight away. I have been reading some threads about battery problems AND I see people have similar problems, except their battery symbol shows as an X, mine does not, below is a picture of what my battery symbol is all the time.

I'm starting to get annoyed with it as I'm back to college and really need to use my laptop in lectures but cannot due to their being no power sockets. My macbook is just over 2 years old so I dont have any warranty. I figure it is maybe something to do with the battery, but I do not know anybody else with a MacBook that I can try their battery to see if it works.

I'm a student and finding it hard enough to get by without having to spend E180 on a new battery. I'm from Ireland and we don't have any Apple stores here either for me to go for advice. Any help would be really appreciated guys :) :) :)

Here's Battery Status's:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

When you click on your battery does it say "replace battery" or "replace battery soon" or "service battery"?

This only works on Snow Leopard.

3. Dugnut thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for a speedy reply... I have Snow Leopard and nope it says none of the above. When I click on it it says "Battery is charged", then underneath that is says "Power Source: Power Adaptor"

I posted in my original post a picture of my battery symbol and then my battery information from apple system profiler.

4. prodigee macrumors 6502a

You have to option click on the battery.

5. Dugnut thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I've just done so and it says "Condition: Normal"... I'm highly confused at the situation now :confused:

6. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Your battery is showing as fine... er better than ever...

This doesn't make sense as if the computer can read the battery, then there is no connection issue... So I'm thinking possibly software?

7. eman macrumors 6502a

Your battery is showing 764 charge cycles, that's a lot of cycles. Try another macbook battery in your macbook and see if the problem goes away. Your battery maybe on it's last/long gone leg.

8. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

This happened to me.. almost the exact same thing, but I had dropped my computer. It caused the battery to fit inside the computer and it would recognize it, and seemingly charge, but other batteries that the Genius tried at the Apple Store would not be recognized by the software. It had to be sent off to California to be fixed. I would recommend taking it into an Apple Store and having someone at the Genius Bar take a look at it. Mine's on the way back to me right now.

-Tuck

9. Dugnut thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. That's the problem that I stated from the beginning though, as I'm from Ireland, we do not have any specified Apple stores as of yet. I also have not dropped my laptop in any way ever. :( Really don't know what to do :(

10. mannix87 macrumors 6502

750++ cycles! that's a lot. mine died at 400 cycles. you're quite lucky actually.

11. PD5522 Guest

Well dugnet,hows things.I have literally the exact same problem as you i'm even from Ireland too.My batteries cycle is at 764 and it only lasts a few minutes before i have to plug it in.I was wondering if you managed to sort it out without having to pay for a new battery?Hope you can help.