White Macbook Bought in Sept, 2006

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kidwithdimples, Jun 21, 2007.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Hi!

I bought a white macbook (with default specs, 1GB) around September in 2006. I bought it with my scholarship money that I earned over the summer. Anyways, now a days.. the macbook gets hot fast and the fan starts making sound (just like when you turn on a normal fan, that breeze sound).

Can I take my Macbook to the Apple Store and get a replacement? Perhaps, a C2D Macbook? I didn't buy AppleCare though.

Thanks!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It should still have the one year warrenty that comes with it, so they should fix it.

3. wako macrumors 65816

they would try to fix it not replace it...

and the fans turning on to cool itself is normal, they probably would give you a funny look....

4. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

You can always true. Another one of our regulars here managed to get a 2.2ghz Macbook Pro after he fought with Apple over some computer issues.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the fan's probably turning on, because it's getting hotter. after all, it is summer. my g5 would get really hot with fans running nonstop all throughout the summer, but it ran quietly during the winter. i think you're fine.

6. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

WOW? I must contact that person ASAP!

Maybe you guys are right. It is summer and the humidity kills it. I'm going to sell it to my sister for $1400 then buy a Macbook pro end of summer after I receive some more $$ from internship.

7. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

I reckon unless your Macbook completely dies and you can't use it, Apple won't replace it, especially since you got it in Sept last year.

8. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

9. reflex macrumors 6502a

Why would your sister buy a secondhand older model for $1400 when she can get a brand new one with better specs for $1099?

10. jellz macrumors regular

haha taking advantage of a family member so not cool :D

11. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

No. I am not taking advantage of it. She asked me If I wanna sell it to her.