White MacBook - Broken superdrive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ethical, Apr 30, 2009.

1. ethical macrumors 68000

Hi guys,

Last August the superdrive on my macbook died. It randomly stopped accepting discs (meaning a disc would go a third of the way in and then hit something)... so, with about 2 weeks of warrently left (lucky I know!) I took it in and they replaced the superdrive straight out. When the genius took it from me he said "It should be about 90mins providing it actually works". Ok, I thought, and went off for a bit. Got a call after an hour telling me it was ready. So I went back, picked it up, and went home. Nice easy process.

The warrenty on the drive was extended to mid-November. I only used it once between this time, then early december I came to use it and it tried to spin up 3 times, but then ejected my disc. This happened every time I tried to use it. It's only now, that I really need the burning capabilities that is has become a problem! The words of the genius make me wonder whether I have a case. "....providing it works". Doesnt install much convidence.

Do you think I could hassle Apple for another replacement, or am I trying to plea a pointless case? I would just pay for the replacement, or get an external.... but I'm a student and have NO spare cash. What do ya' think?

Luke

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

They knackered my drive when replacing the keyboard but I couldnt prove it and I am left with a MacBook that wont accept disks. :mad: