white macbook charging issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sam.constable, May 12, 2013.

1. sam.constable macrumors newbie

Hi there.
    i have a charging problem with my 2009 non uni-body white macbook. Ill try explain this best i can. when my macbooks battery drops to say 30% or lower and i place it on charge it will show the amber charging light. If i then do something like watch a youtube video, open more then one tab in my browser, open a program etc the charger will then completely stop charging. the amber light goes blank and my macbook says it is not charging. i then have to turn the charger off and then on at the power outlet for it to start charging again but once again if i do something it will stop again. Ive had this issue for a while but i have adapted to avoid it by not letting the batter go too low. but i would like to solve this issue if possible as it becomes very frustrating. also i have replaced the battery and charger so it is an issue within the computer itself.
    Any help appreciated.
    cheers, Sam.

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

First step with power issues is to reset the SMC. remove battery after shutting down. Hold down power button for 5 seconds. Put battery back in and then start up.

3. sam.constable thread starter macrumors newbie

hi,
    thanks for the reply. i have reset it but it still isnt working :(