White MacBook clean install issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tbmoore, Dec 25, 2013.

1. tbmoore, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

tbmoore macrumors newbie

I have two white macbooks (late 2009 I think both) that I have replaced with macbook pro's because track pads had gone out....I have since replaced track pads and reformatted one of the macbooks and have done a clean load....the second macbook I had to use aftermarket software (steller mac utility) to format the hard drive....that tells me the cd drive worked ok to run the Steller boot disk software....then when I try to install OS x 10.6.1 the orginal disk that came with both macbooks....( I have two disk one from each macbook and they are the same) I boot from cd and apple comes up with spinning disk...after a while a gray screen comes up with and black square that says (You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the power button again. this is in several languages...this is all the macbook will do....It was working ok before I formated to secure my information before giving away like I did with the other macbook....Have reset Pram ect...I am out of Ideas.....thanks..

2. trevm999 macrumors member

Why did you have to use third party software to format? If disk utility failed then the macbook probably has another hardware problem.

The kernel panic may be a result of using that third party software or because of the hardware problem (and perhaps both if the problem is a failing hard drive)