White Macbook Crack (not the usual)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macintoshSL, May 30, 2009.

1. macintoshSL macrumors member

macintoshSL

Hey guys, before posting this I searched but didnt find anything.

Anyways, I have a white macbook that is a little over a year old and just today I noticed two cracks under the left side of the palmrest, not on the palm rest. I wanted to know if Apple will do anything about it if I take it in. I should also note that I do have apple care on it so I still have warranty. They are feint in the picture but they are more noticeable in person. Enlarge the image to see it better.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

*squint*

*squint*

Are you serious? I think I see what you're talking about, but it's not something I think is worth taking back to the store, either to return or fix.

I'm sure you're quite a nice person, but I'd hate to be your waiter or hairdresser if you're that picky.

3. macintoshSL thread starter macrumors member

macintoshSL

Its fine, I dont really care about it unless it gets bigger and breaks off. I'm really not the picky, its just for future reference and to see what the deal is.

4. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

Yep, you've got hairline cracks. They will replace the case.

You should mention you've got a gap between your palmrest and bottom casing, that should be fixed.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

I had a crack like that on my MacBook. They replaced the casing, no questions asked.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

That crack qualifies under the same issue with the palm rest cracks. You would be able to get that repaired.

7. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Same exact thing happened to me last summer! I definitely think it's something that should be fixed, polycarbonate just shouldn't crack like that, and no matter how small the cracks are they can only get bigger and weaken the entire casing. I always liked how sturdy my MacBook felt in comparison to my old Dell, and didn't like the idea that it was cracking after owning it for just a few months. I brought it into the Apple Store and they fixed it, no questions asked. :D

8. keith1569 macrumors newbie

man now im gonna be watching mine for that..i dont think i would have noticed a crack like that on mine..now i will be payin more attention

9. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

If you have a store close by, it wouldnt hurt to try and take it in and see what a genius says. just make an appointment and see what they think.

10. macintoshSL thread starter macrumors member

macintoshSL

Thanks guys. Those were the kind of answers I was looking for. Glad to know that they will replace the casing.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I guess I'm glad I got the black one. I've not had one cracking issue, and I've had mine for over a year.

12. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

It's fine. I've had the same exact looking crack in my powerbook for the past 5 years and there's no problem at all.