White Macbook Cracking Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nintendolinky, May 25, 2009.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I took my Macbook into the Apple store yesterday, to be repaired for a few cracks i had on it. Looking at the Repair descriptions, I have noticed there a few extra thing the genius must have noticed, and included to be repaired, these are:
    Item Number: 922-8285, Description: Housing, Bottom case, Amount Due: £0.00
    Item Number: 922-8383, Description: Display Bezel, Amount Due: £0.00
    Item Number: B661-5075, Description: Top Case W/Keyboard Assy Wht-GBR, Amount Due: £0.00
    Item Number: S1491LL/A, Description: Hardware Repair-Level 2, Amount Due: £0.00

Does that mean that I will be getting the whole case, trackpad and keyboard included repaired, or will they just give me a whole new case. I was also told that there was a few hairline cracks around the screen bezel, I could not see them but according to the genius they where there so he included that to be repaired also.
    How long do repairs usually take, as i have my dissertation due on Friday, and would like my computer back by then.

2. itsJOHNO macrumors newbie

Hey,

From what I can see they will replace the whole case (minus the upper housing - the housing of the display, where the Apple logo is)

I have the exact same problem with my MacBook, handed it into the Apple Store on Sat and I heard back from them today telling me that it was ready for collection. However they havent replaced my lower housing, which I am trying to argue at the moment.

Anyway, they normally state that it can take anywhere upto 7-10 days, it really just depends on how busy they are and if they have the parts available.

3. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you tell me how long it took for them to replace yours. I hope they replace the bottom case also, as I have a few cracks around the air vent at the back, and would rather see them disappear. Shame they didn't replace your bottom case, I looked at your thread, and it's just stupid.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Repairs run from a a few days up to 2 weeks. Seeing how they are replacing most of the housing, I'm going to say it will be the more towards the latter.

5. itsJOHNO macrumors newbie

To replace the top case it took about a day or two and they said that they were busy. From the work authorisation it looks like they will be replacing your bottom housing so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Im going to argue my point when I go to collect it and attempt to get them to fix it. Just a quick question about my thread, were your markings faded or even gone? Trying to find out anyone who has something similar!

6. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

My markings are all clear, well what i can remember, as i gave it to Apple yesterday.