White macbook cracks..

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pranavss11, Jan 13, 2009.

1. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

Yeh. I got it too >.< and its only 6 months old. Edges came off. When I take it to Genius Bar do they send to fix it or do they replace it?

Cheers

2. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

This thread is going well :|. haha joking, I'm pretty sure you could just purchase the case parts yourself from www.ifixit.com they'll also tell you how to put them on. Try that only after you check at the genius bar.

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

They should be able to replace the top case of the computer.

They should do this free for you, the fault is accepted both in and out of warranty.

4. pranavss11 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

They didn't for me.:mad:

6. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

7. MSTRKRFT macrumors regular

They do replace this for free because it is a known problem. I was told it was caused by the the two things sticking out in the top corners.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Hmm... I haven't gotten those cracks, and I've been using my MacBook heavily daily for over 1 year...

9. timestoby macrumors 6502

i got a new whitebook a few months ago and dont have the cracks yet.hope i dont get em.

10. Joeski macrumors member

I went a couple days ago, they replaced it in-store without asking a question. I went in, told them i had the cracks and that I did a little research online (actually just these forums) and told them it must be a common problem. The replaced the whole top, plastic, keyboard and trackpad. It's great! And it only took them about 30 minutes, which was good because I was afraid they were going to have to ship it to California.

11. AeroStud1026 macrumors member

AeroStud1026

I've had to have my top case replaced 2 times since October 2007 when I bought it

12. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

Mine started getting a crack a month ago. It's not even a year old, I bought it last March. Though I use it every day and maybe more than the average user.

1st I was pretty shocked because it came from one day to the other. But it doesn't bother me anymore at the moment because the crack didn't get any bigger. But time will tell.