White MacBook - Difference in new/old?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by reclusivemonkey, Oct 24, 2008.

1. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Well, after my initial tantrum, I picked up my rattle, dried my eyes and decided to get a White MacBook refurb. After a few days, sure enough one popped up at £529, very reasonable. I pulled the trigger, it arrived and was in pristine condition. Very happy indeed, all is well.

I downloaded geekbench the other night just to see if it beat my Mini (which is plenty powerful enough for my simple needs) and sure enough it did.

http://browse.geekbench.ca/user/reclusivemonkey/profile

Then something suddenly occured to me; I though I had got the previous incarnation of the White MacBook before the refresh. However, there seems to be very little difference between the one I have, and the "new" White MacBooks on the store. Is there a difference? The specs seem the same, surely I didn't get a reduction of £180 just to have it go through quality control twice? =]

Can anyone enlighten me?

2. iBaldy macrumors newbie

well the 'new' White MacBook has a super drive over the combo on the £529 ones

3. reclusivemonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Ah yes, I just spotted that. If that's all then I think I got a good bargain... I have a super drive on my mini if I need one.