White macbook Dosent Work! how can i retrieve pictures from HDD?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by XxpikachuxX, Mar 13, 2011.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

Hi so this is the story my friends Mom dropped coffee on the macbook keyboard so the keyboard got F'ed up and it would work but the laptop worked fine untill we send it to bestbuy and now it wont turn on. :/
    so how can i retrieve all the pictures and others stuff my friend wants? from the HDD because im guessing the hdd still works
    i know i need to open the macbook and retrieve the hdd and use something but i dont know what it is :/ like an case so it can connect through usb to another laptop and how do you boot the os x from it? thanks :) :confused::apple::):D:eek::(;):p:cool::cool::eek::mad::mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. eman macrumors 6502a

Pull the HD out of the macbook and put it in an external drive and retrieve your info; also, you can put the HD in another mac and boot it up.

3. movieboy23 macrumors regular

You can either buy an external drive enclosure to put the hard drive in or you can opt to buy a simple SATA adapter that plugs into your hard drive on one end and then will plug into another machine via USB.

Additionally, iFixIt has guides on opening your MacBook and extracting the hard drive. It's pretty simple for MacBooks, so you shouldn't need to worry too much about messing up anything else in the machine.

Good luck.