White MacBook Internet problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Brounmoney, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Brounmoney macrumors 6502

So I have a white MacBook that is about 5 years old. Today I have been trying to connect Internet. I get on it for about 10 min or so, but it will stop working. I can't go back or refresh or anything. It causes me to quit and go back into it. What would be causing it to just stop and do nothing?

2. simsaladimbamba

Can you provide more info?

What Mac OS X version does the MacBook use?
    What browser do you use?
    How do you connect to the internet (wireless, Ethernet, router, ...)?
    Be as specific as you can?

Have you tried restarting the modem, router and MacBook yet? If not, try it and see, if it works. If it does not work, report back with more details.

3. Brounmoney thread starter macrumors 6502

I am running snow leopard and I am using safari as the browser. I am using AT&T uverse wireless Internet.

4. simsaladimbamba

And did you restart everything? I guess that AT&T uverse wireless Internet thing comes with a modem or a router? If so, how do you connect to it?

5. Brounmoney thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok we their is a modem that is connected to AT&T router that we use to connect to. It does not seem to be a problem with the uverse but with the computer because there is another MacBook in the house that is working just fine, and an ipad that is having no issues.

6. simsaladimbamba

And how do you connect to the router then?
    And did you restart the Mac yet?
    And what settings in System Preferences > Network > Ethernet or AirPort > Advanced do you use?
    Does it also happen with another browser?

And please, please read the following before posting again, post #1 will suffice. Otherwise we, or me, will keep asking the same questions over and over again and get frustrated.