White Macbook Keyboard Covers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by waiwai, Jun 29, 2009.

1. waiwai macrumors regular

Hey all,

I just converted my gf to Mac and she ended up getting a white Macbook. The Apple store doesn't have any white macbook keyboard covers available. I know they exist, but I can't seem to find any place that sells them anymore... All the keyboard covers I see are for Air or Unibody... Anyways, if anyone can tell me where I can get my hands on one. Please let me know... I've already tried... Apple Store, Apple Campus Store, Futureshop and Bestbuy...

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...look for moshi clear guard... don't have any experience with it but reviews seem good - try OWC or newegg...

3. waiwai thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry guys... I've already looked at those...

For Moshi it is aluminum only.

The iSkin, product page is white/black macbooks but when you go to the actual buy, the skins are for aluminum only...

4. Igantius macrumors 65816

iSkin still sell ProTouch protectors for iBooks and PowerBooks, so I would be surprised if none of the MacBook range range would be compatible your model, so it might be worth contacting them. However, there are loads of resellers that appear to be selling ProTouch protectors that would work with yours.

5. Shawny D macrumors member

Shawny D

6. waiwai thread starter macrumors regular

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

She should like it. I have noticed that it can slide around, which is annoying. It definitely does take some getting used to (I have it on my Air). I have the iSkin on my macbook pro and that was a LOT easier to get used to because its thicker and doesn't budge, since the Moshi is so thin, it can be tedious at times but definitely worth it.