white macbook not charging, help needed

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sashpoask, Jan 9, 2009.

1. sashpoask macrumors newbie

hey guys, noob to the forums here

couple of weeks ago i got a second hand whitemacbook

its my first mac and im absolutely loving it, however just now i notice that whilst plugged in the led light on the adapter wasnt on and i was using batery power

i tried reconnecting a few tims, rebooting etc, nothing helps....any ideas? do you think its likely to be the adapter? ( is it a known problem) or the macbook itself? i used coconut battery and it said the mcbook is 11 months old- meaning im still under apple warranty right?

would do you reccomend i should do

thanks in advance

sash

2. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

if its still under warranty take it in. better to have them look at it and fix the problem then take guesses.

3. XmcbrideXprideX macrumors newbie

You can either take it in to and Apple Store or call up Applecare. To me it really sounds like its going to be the adapter, and yeah thats going to be covered under your original 1 year warranty.

4. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Call applecare or go to an apple store and have them look at it. It could be either the power adapter or it's a dead battery...

5. spicedcandy macrumors newbie

same issue on my alu mb too... took the mb & the adapter in (just in case it MIGHT be a motherboard problem...) to apple & they changed the adapter for me right away :D