White MacBook: Palm rest clicks when typing

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tsice19, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

OK... I have a bit of an annoyance with my MacBook. Just noticed this when I was typing my last thread.

When I type, my right palm gently presses the area underneath the directional pad. However, this light pressure causes the palm rest to click! It's ungodly annoying and makes working in a quite room unpleasant. The left side does not make this noise.

Does anyone have a similar issue? Should I take it to the Apple Store? I know the store is really loud and they may not hear it. Not to mention, don't want to haul it there for them to say it is normal wear and tear.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I bet you they will replace the top case/keyboard for you. That sounds like a pretty legitimate defect. I'm sure if you are nice and show it to a "genius" they will replace it most likely. :)

3. tsice19 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Thanks I'll have to head down to the store. Problem is it just started happening... weird.

However, I've always felt my top case was flimsy. I can press the entire thing down with my finger if I wanted to.

4. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

did this with my dads MBP (previous gen) all i did was tighten the screw at the side that holds the top in place. i dunno about just a plain MB though

5. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

One is on a MacBook Air another is on a White MacBook, they aren't related at all :confused:

Anyway, this happened on my white macbook, took it to the genius bar, got a new topcase that doesn't click.