white macbook restore

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by alxhntr, Oct 17, 2011.

1. alxhntr macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    I have a regular ass white macbook, not too sure what gen it is but it was/is running leopard 10.5.8

It's running horribly slow and I kinda wanna scratch everything I have on it and restore back to factory. I could find one of the 'Mac OSX Install Discs' but it says it is disc 1, making me worrying I'm missing some.
    Is there another disc that came with it or am I OK running a reset with just this one disc?

2. simsaladimbamba

Two discs came with every Mac before Lion, the first one contains the OS, the second one contains iLife, thus you only need the first one to restore your Mac. iLife applications can be bought via the Mac App Store, if you need them and can't find disc 2.

3. alxhntr thread starter macrumors newbie

oh great thanks! in all my years with this laptop I have never touched iLife so I'm sure I'll survive without it.

Do you think restoring it is my best bet with trying to clean it up/get it back up to how it used to run?
    I think over the years I've managed to download a lot of ******** that I can't find/don't have the motivation to trawl through and delete.

4. WinkyMacRumors macrumors newbie

Check the specs, upgrade RAM and get 10.6

Hello,

My suggestion.

Step one: Order Snow Leopard from Apple Online Store (or if you can find cheaper elsewhere)

Step two: Contact AppleCare in your region and ask them to send you the specifications on your computer.

Step three: Write the RAM on your computer and order 2X2 GB RAM (all Intel Core 2 Due MacBook support it)

Step four: check the manual (call AppleCare for it if you are missing it) for how to change RAM

Step five: save all your data on an external drive and then erase your drive and install Snow Leopard.

Done! A more modern Mac OS X system and more RAM.